IGNORED

Why Brits are conservative

goDel

When I was a little kid I had no idea there were any black people in Britain because how the fuck could an African American person be British if the politically correct term for them is African American someone help

When I was a little kid I had no idea there were any black people in Britain because how the fuck could an African American person be British if the politically correct term for them is African American someone help

How about Indian?

Historical monuments in looking the same after nearly 100 years shocker

but they don't look the same - there will be microtonal changes due to water and wind erosion from the pebbledash shitfarts from the tourists coming from all over the world to come look at our historical buildings, since they generally don't have any historical buildings of their own that are older than two or three weeks old

Ekpb9c8.gif

people just dont understand the importance of buildings that have been there for a long time, and how they need to be kept staying there for more long times

our existence pivots on these things, thats how important

It's still very different, I don't get how can somebody say that nothing has changed. Every part of the urban landscape has been modified. Only the buildings are the same, which is normal.

Human civilisation builds stuff in cities for them to last (hopefully), economy is one of the most important aspect of architecture. Every building that is a hundred or more years old, well people back then put money to build it like they do today. Investing on the long term is essential to architecture.

So are you saying we are conservative because we don't tear down buildings and replace with modern shite? Seems a strange reason to cause conservatism.

Are the Dutch liberal because of whores, tulips, clogs and marijuana?

This thread wasn't meant to be critical. Or was it? Maybe I got my wires crossed.

I'll take it with a pinch of salt as London is brilliant city imo. I thought the clip was praise :huh:

There's loads of New buildings, the shard, the gerkin, the walkie talkie, the London eye. Preserving landmarks is important yes, this is self evident surely? Why would they tear down important historical architecture?

There's loads of New buildings, the shard, the gerkin, the walkie talkie, the London eye. Preserving landmarks is important yes, this is self evident surely? Why would they tear down important historical architecture?

for this ? > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_Makeover:_Home_Edition

This thread wasn't meant to be critical. Or was it? Maybe I got my wires crossed.

I'll take it with a pinch of salt as London is brilliant city imo. I thought the clip was praise :huh:

Sshhhhht. It's good to keep those Londoners on their defenses.

dutch-wolf.jpg

for this ? > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_Makeover:_Home_Edition

Haha! It's weird how the US builds it's houses out of such flimsy materials. Even the favelas in Rio make theirs out of bricks and concrete.

african american isn't necessarily the correct term - obviously it only applies to americans of african descent. not black people of american descent (I know you could say all black people are of african descent, but where do you stop - everybody on the planet is of african descent). anyway, I digress....so in the uk the correct term would either be afro-caribbean (for someone of west indian descent), black british, or just black. generally it's just black, white or asian - nothing un-politically correct about that.

african american isn't necessarily the correct term - obviously it only applies to americans of african descent. not black people of american descent (I know you could say all black people are of african descent, but where do you stop - everybody on the planet is of african descent). anyway, I digress....so in the uk the correct term would either be afro-caribbean (for someone of west indian descent), black british, or just black. generally it's just black, white or asian - nothing un-politically correct about that.

Exactly. I actually get miffed at people who go out of their way to describe a stranger as "African-American" instead of just black: what if they're African, Caribbean, etc. There's nothing wrong with it.

Having been to UK and Ireland I've seen some historical artifacts.

Like what the fuck is this:

bath_tap.JPG

Goes to wash the hands with an electrical controlled motion detecting mixer tap.

Are the Dutch liberal because of whores, tulips, clogs and marijuana?

I think you rather hit the nail on the head, old boy. Tulips are positively scandalous.

Archived