IGNORED

London WATMM Meetup (Update: 24th Apr 20.00 - 00:00)

mcbpete

MadameChaos has organised a night of WATMM-fuelled live and DJ sets so I thought it'd also be a good idea for a possible meet up with you lovelies. Here's the poster (hopefully it hotlinks, otherwise I'll look like a right twatintheface)

1513315_10152957974179460_1512596258_n.j

More details here - http://forum.watmm.com/topic/81757-electronic-underground-club-night-cafe-1001-30th-jan/ (and for those that facebook - https://www.facebook.com/events/333257100145681/341258762678848/?notif_t=plan_mall_activity )

Directions and stuff to the place here - http://www.cafe1001.co.uk/

So it's the last Thursday of this month, see you folks there ...

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

/posts photo of me looking down at and shaking a finger at images on his phone screen of early twenty somethings attempting to have a good time. /plays the age gap thing like the devils banjo, i'm getting used to this ye olde man thing

(i'm not going where you wanted imply it meant to go).

Also all props to MC if she set this up. Well done lassy.

only just noticed this, Cafe 1001 eh? Been a while since I been in there...I would have maybe been up for doing a stomping live hardware techno set also...too late now I guess :( but still, might come along...

What's it like there man - not been myself. Is it less 'east-london' than those photos make out ?

MC says that apparently there'll be further sets (presumably if this one goes well) so there's always a future night.

Hey 2WV it's planned to be the first of more and I gave had other people asking to play the next one. The answer is YES just as soon as this one goes amazingly (which I'm sure it will).

It's a nice venue lots of space and central.

would like to attend, but only just saw this thread and I've already spunked my wad on music and shit this month.

might be able to make it to a future one though. would need to find out a cheap travelodge too.

Is it the place opposite Rough Trade with the bbq outside?

Aaah so it's there (just checked on yer Google maps)..... I've not been to Cafe1001 but I went to that Rough Trade when there was a Radiohead thing going on. Plus I've been to the Big Chill that's there as well

(sorry, I just get a little freaked out going to places where I have no idea where I am !)

would like to attend, but only just saw this thread and I've already spunked my wad on music and shit this month.

might be able to make it to a future one though. would need to find out a cheap travelodge too.

Just crash at mine you bellend.

Just crash at mine you bellend.

*grabs coat*

What's it like there man - not been myself. Is it less 'east-london' than those photos make out ?

MC says that apparently there'll be further sets (presumably if this one goes well) so there's always a future night.

It's cool man, not been there for a while though, but last time I was there is like a cafe on the ground floor that sells cakes and snacks etc and has beer you buy from a fridge (no bar as such in the whole place), then there's a kind of mezzanine upstairs bit stretching over two areas...kind of shabby and spartan looking - beanbags and cushions on the floor around makeshift tables...graffiti, street art and hangings on the walls...then you go through to the back room which is basically a big dancefloor punctuated by concrete pillars with a DJ booth/stage area to one side...it's pretty grundy, but also got bags of character and they usually play cool music. personally I like it, used to go there all the time a few years ago...all the security used to be pretty cool about smoking weed in there and that, but that may very well have changed...

Hey 2WV it's planned to be the first of more and I gave had other people asking to play the next one. The answer is YES just as soon as this one goes amazingly (which I'm sure it will).

It's a nice venue lots of space and central.

cool, give me a shout nearer the time and we'll work out the details :) might see you on thursday anyway I guess so can chat then if you have time...

Yeah, also haven't been for a few years but used to go there quite regularly. Pretty good venue.

People would regularly just buy tins of Red Stripe somewhere cheaper and then hang out outside in the summer.

Looking forward to it.

Archived