IGNORED

Fennesz - Bécs

Tauhid

Damn, I've heard the two preview tracks, this is going to be goooood.

Also randomly reminds me of how World's End Girlfriend sounded when I saw him live back in 2006 or so.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

eating a beef broth and listening to Bécs so relaxing,harmonic and beautiful noise.
every track has his moments !
its like a mix of all his albums but much more compact.(hope you understand)

also just saw him yesterday eating soupe^^

Also randomly reminds me of how World's End Girlfriend sounded when I saw him live back in 2006 or so.

*faints*

:/

?

World's End Girlfriend is awesome is all. I haven't listened to any of the previews from this yet, but what you described sounds promising.

It's very crunchy, but not abrasive. Also a return to the beach vibes of Endless Summer. It's all I really want to listen to right now.

*faints*

:/

?

World's End Girlfriend is awesome is all. I haven't listened to any of the previews from this yet, but what you described sounds promising.

Ah gotcha. Yeah I like that project but it's often really heavy on clean strings and samples and what I'd call "anime sountrack" esque sounds. When World's End Girlfriend played live, at least back then, it was as Deion Sanders described, very crunchy and bright but not abrasive. So that's thats how the new Fennesz reminds me of it.

the first 3 tracks are awesome. 'Liminality' is Fennesz as its best, that track was played in recent live sets, a fantastic 10 min ride.

Sounds terrific.

I wonder if 'Static Kings' is a reference to Mark Linkous? They collaborated a few times and Linkous' studio was called Static King.

could never ever get this Fennesz, tried but no, sounds all fuzzy noise to me. I'll give this one a try to see...

I like the cover though.

Not referring to Fennesz now, but Stephen O'Malley, now theres a guy who knows how to churn out as much pretentious self indulgent

waste as humanely possible. He should be banned from pressing vinyls, most of them anyway.

Agreed on O'malley. Bummer that you can't get into Fennesz though. Definitely fuzzy at times, but everything he's done since Endless Summer (with the exception of the fenn o'berg collabs) has been very emotional.

I really like the album. Though, with most Fennesz releases, I sometimes feel I'm listening to something completely improvised. I don't have nothing against that kind of composition, but I just don't enjoy that much hearing the same guitar sound alternating chords, like, in a really obvious way. Liminality is beautiful, though. Sounds like when you realize you fucked up really hard, but you need to get up and keep walking.

I wonder if 'Static Kings' is a reference to Mark Linkous? They collaborated a few times and Linkous' studio was called Static King.

Ah, interesting. That must be what the track 'Requiem For The Static King' by 'A Winged Victory For The Sullen' is referring to.

Ah, interesting. That must be what the track 'Requiem For The Static King' by 'A Winged Victory For The Sullen' is referring to.

oh shi-

Agreed on O'malley. Bummer that you can't get into Fennesz though. Definitely fuzzy at times, but everything he's done since Endless Summer (with the exception of the fenn o'berg collabs) has been very emotional.

there must be something in there if so many can hear it. i'll be coming back to it

Archived