IGNORED

Korg Announcement 2014

I see nothing to be excited over........... . . . . . . . Sorry! I do think we need more stuff for ipad. One plus is that things are cheaper. Like, why would I pay 300 dollars or whatever for a ducking soft synth in this day and age? Video games on steam are like 5-10 dollars nowadays. Anyway, it's no biggie.

I was excited about the MS20 kit until the price. I assumed it would be cheaper than last years MS20 since you get to build it yourself.

it's not really a true kit though, is it? i mean there's no soldering, so that part of it wouldn't reduce the cost too much, plus last year's was a mini, while this is full-sized. still too expensive though, certainly out of my range.

I was excited about the MS20 kit until the price. I assumed it would be cheaper than last years MS20 since you get to build it yourself.

it's not really a true kit though, is it? i mean there's no soldering, so that part of it wouldn't reduce the cost too much, plus last year's was a mini, while this is full-sized. still too expensive though, certainly out of my range.

Ahh, that's the difference. OK, that makes a little more sense, but still too pricey for me.

The Gadgets seem fun, but I have a first gen iPad so I can't run them.

The rest aren't that interesting to me either, though I think bringing back the Keytar is a funny idea.

Initial excitement fading...

also disappointed the "gadgets" were for ipad and there is no analogue polysynth on the way...yet

Aye, I was thinking that Korg have the infrastructure for dealing with softsynth registration for the legacy collection stuff. Surely it wouldn't be too hard to port those Gadgets for VST and price it keenly. Sure there'd be piracy but I reckon there must be a cheeky wee revenue stream for them there too that they wouldn't have because it's iOS only. If they were similarly priced to the iOS version I'd probably be in like Flynn even though they don't bring anything new to the table. Just some fun gadgets...... hahahah see what I did there???

Like I get why Moog didn't make their Animoog or Filtatron more widely available as they don't have that infrstructure...

Anyway, no one played with the Gadgets yet?

would love to see a ps-3100 mini :)

YES. I got to play a PS-3200 a few months ago and have lusted for the PS series since then. Such a warm sound on that old beast.

You could always make a Polytron otherwise we'll have to wait for the real thing from Korg.

A casio keyboard/almost any modern VST would be better for lush poly sounds than that abomination.

Archived