IGNORED

the grammys

pattern recognition

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But what's the relevance of a meaningless statuette being awarded to someone?

boosts ego, serves as a reminder that peers acknowledge and appreciate your existence, adds color to resume.

personally, i don't see anything bad about winning a grammy- except knowing it's more about popularity than talent, but if anyone handed me a grammy i wouldn't give it back like milli vanilli

Precisely, it's because it is based on popularity and power games that it is meaningless.

i don't think it's meaningless though. also, i don't think things being based on popularity and power games make them meaningless because music is also a business

with that said, i just realized i've never heard anything by macklemore & ryan lewis

tumblr_mra2g3w10I1rj2am3o1_500.jpg

im complaining because i was forced to watch them. i usually try to avoid anything about them.

side note i have a friend who looks exactly like macklemore and he happens to be a former member of attack! attack!, he has his hair cut like macklemore now. and yeah hes the crabcore guy. im supposed to go over to his house and teach him how to use synths at some point.

edit: changed 2 better vid

It's a different time, a different time..... now. ...adayz. ...a different time. Imagine if Grammys were given out to just composers of music and not performers. Imagine that! Granted performance is also an art, but imagine if it focused on the creation of the music as a whole and was about musical awesomeness.... Imagine a world where- nah whatever. Fucking Grammys. Bah. That being said, if I won a Grammy for some musical randomness, that would be pretty good. Would look great on my CV when applying to flip burgers to suicide in the deep fryer. Nah but, it would feel good, because it might mean that many a thousands to millions, were given enjoyment through my musics. Still, such an award implies too much (like actual talent) and serves the darker side of humanity by awarding implications of greatness, instead of anything with substance. Buuuuuuut I'm sure awesome people do win Grammys. But when I think of some group like oooooh I dunno, Black Eyed Peas, I think, "I WANT TO KATANA MY OWN FACE, THIS MUSIC WORLD IS FUCKED-- KATANA IN MY FACE."

What is the point of having any sense, in a world that is based on senselessness? Fuck, yo. IDM SHALL OVERCOME.

lol i don't care but i'm posting about it non stop on the internet lol

Could you imagine if there wasn't popular music? Would the underground be mainstream? Who would we hate for being inferior to us?

lol (@grammys)

i had to watch the entire thing for my history of rock n roll class

im still fucking watch it please kill me

What a godawful assignment! I minored in music history at UT, I have to say that the most lackluster class was the "history of rock n' roll" course. Lot of really terrible students who just wanted a gimmicky course.

We didn't have to watch the Grammys though :/

Pharrell has made so many good beats I don't think I can hate him.

Yeah I like Pharrell a lot, he's low-key, talented, sincere. He's like the 2000s equivalent to Quincy Jones.

Archived