IGNORED

Do you have to stand for it?

SR4

Fuckers who put their bag on the seat next to them on the train whilst people around them are standing up, I will fucking kill these pricks one day.

I'm really hungover.,

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^

lol yeah this. although I do find it annoying when people put bags on the seat next to them in the tube, even if there's lots of free seats. I'll usually go to sit down where their bags were just to prove some sort of pathetic point :(

also people who either shut, or refuse to open the window on the tube when it's remotely warm. fucking cunts. I've publicly told people off on the tube for this. yeah, if you see me on the tube at rush hour probably best to steer clear...

I can't stand for old people drivers, they are a danger to everyone on the road and shouldn't be driving or be pissed off when they are getting passed up by people going the speed limit and not looking for the best way to old country buffet.

lol yeah this. although I do find it annoying when people put bags on the seat next to them in the tube, even if there's lots of free seats. I'll usually go to sit down where their bags were just to prove some sort of pathetic point :(

When I used to ride the bus in Seattle to get to work, when someone would do this (75% chance on most bus routes) I would pray that I had horrible food for it is a great psychological weapon.

This one college kid met his match when he forced me to stand holding the rail because 'his laptop was in there' (alluding to his backpack) and I had some wicked good Greek/Mediterranean food the night before and the perfect angle for projectile farts to his dome. Needless to say, I unleashed hell for the remainder of the 10 minute ride with wave after wave of garlic tinted and tzatziki-fueled pungent ass gas.

Seek vengeance and literally never stand on public transit without a good passive aggressive ass-out. (SO MANY PUNS :watmm: )

doesn't the London tube have air conditioning?

lol fuck no. you gotta get that window open at rush hour. you're crammed into the carriage like sardines, it's hot, it's sweaty, it smells. you need the airflow. granted, the air is pretty fucking dirty.

it's the oldest underground railway in the world... the problem is they can't retrospectively fit the air con units to the trains - there ain't any clearance between the top of the train and the tunnel roof to put the thing. that and there isn't anywhere for all the expelled hot air to go once you've got it out of the carriages. basically, you'd have to redesign the whole network from scratch, retunnel out all the tunnels etc. not remotely practical and never going to happen...they are putting cooling in some of the newest and much closer to the surface lines (district line, circle line etc) but for the older deep lines like the northern and victoria lines (which are seriously deep) there ain't much they can realistically do....

I like having my bag in the seat next to me to mark out my personal space.

I'll happily give it up if there are no spare seats.

I used to get foiled by spiteful people who would demand to sit where my bag is out of some defunct revenge, but I scare them off by looking at them with a look that says 'the bag is there for a reason' and if that doesn't work and they win this simple mindgame I stand up and go sit somewhere else, either with a spare seat for my bag or next to someone who's journey on public transport doesn't revolve around getting one up on people who are just trying to get somewhere with minimal unpleasantness.

Archived