sheatheman

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to deviate for a moment and share with you all my new tote! At $1.99 it sure does surf the line between sturdy and stylish!

3k9hGGb.jpg

I feel like this is related, as I doubt there is a more iconic representative of all things container. I'm interested in the variant, subversive nature of container/contained.

Shame on you luke: 1. Isn't there a wax coating, therefore rendering the cup un-recyclable? 2. If there is no recycling near by, store it on your person until one is available.

1. yes, which is why it went in the garbage with all the other classic cups. 2. it wasn't recyclable.

lol

because it wasn't just a Classic Cup station

and plenty of the coffee cups around here actually are recyclable/compostable so pardon me :cisfor:

as an interesting side note, recycling facilities usually take milk and juice cartons, which have the same layer of polyethylene on them (if not more, and plastic too!)... part of the reason a lot of them won't take PE Classic Cups is just because of their flimsiness. the cups fold over and get mixed in with paper.

sorry i'll get out of your beautiful nostalgia trip now. :flower:

Luke, I don't mind you letting your inner environmentalist shine, just do so with a tinge more nostalgia.

~~~

The BIG HUG MUG is Rust's cup from True Detective, so I preempted it as a Classic Cup.

Oh, and we got the STRAW MAN pun right? seeing as this is the cup thread???

E0AHbFP.jpg

Chance spotting near Pike and Broadway in Seattle. It had a few cents in it but he was more than happy with knowledge that he held in his hand the omega cup: Solo Jazz. He walked away smiling, saying, "I'm gonna tell em, yes sah."

• 1 month later...
Guest fiznuthian

Had to piss in one of those cups when cops busted me with marijuanas. I used fake pee three times in a row to pass the tests. Fuckers!

Had to piss in one of those cups when cops busted me with marijuanas. I used fake pee three times in a row to pass the tests. Fuckers!

You carry around fake piss?

Mandatory post of thick plastic cups, not paper or styrofoam, that they only seem to give out at BBQ restaurants, truck stops, or like amusement parks/stadiums and last forever and everyone seems to use for utilitarian tasks in bathrooms or garages and stuff.

My grandparents, in-laws, and friends in Texas always have these in the cupboard for ice water. No one uses them again for soda (at least that I know of personally) In fact, almost exclusively get water from fridges with these kind of cups, it's a weird nostalgic thing.

img_6353.jpg

7594947186_fe6539a662.jpg

277869E6-E480-44FA-B7DD-51CBAE230960-855

$T2eC16RHJHYE9nzpdVQHBRR9ceLB)w~~60_57.J

Guest fiznuthian

You carry around fake piss?

Nah, they tell you to show up at a testing site. I had bought bottles of synthetic urine and stuck them in my underwear next to my balls. I would walk up to the urinal with an officer standing outside the door, quietly open the cap and squeeze the urine into the cup and then the excess at the urinal so it sounds like I was peeing. It passed every single time.

Peeing into cups like this feels fucking humiliating when you're there just for some weed. I see any urine testing cup at a hospital now and it kinda brings me back every time.

Guest fiznuthian

Been using this Tervis coca cola tumbler lately. It's a nice cup.

uiYQLwv.jpg

Nothing classic about it besides the logo though

Archived