sheatheman

Those solo jazz cups bring back memories of boarding school... One time on a camping trip, we took a shitload and threw them into a fire, which basically exploded. Pretty amazing. IDM TIP: wax cups burn like a mofo.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I saw that earlier today, glad someone else posted it.

It's fascinating when artists realize something they make a long time ago and essentially forgot about becomes so iconic and beloved.

Those solo jazz cups bring back memories of boarding school... One time on a camping trip, we took a shitload and threw them into a fire, which basically exploded. Pretty amazing. IDM TIP: wax cups burn like a mofo.

yeah posh twats just burn shitloads of jazz cups and find it pretty amazing

yeah posh twats just burn shitloads of jazz cups and find it pretty amazing

Posh twattage confirmed. Cool, man.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

learning how to do 3d with Blender at the moment

1xxiuT9.gif

Respect Blenderfriend.

Did you use Cycles for this? How many samples? Looks like it could use a few more. Some aliasing going on too. How did you shape the cup? Looks a bit uneven. All constructive criticism!! Been learning Blender myself for a bit now; super fun. Are you learning Blender for fun, or for a specific artistic purpose? Keep it up! I love me some 3D rendered jazz cups.

Oh and my favorite, the Vignelli / Heller cup:

lImnPp2.jpg

learning how to do 3d with Blender at the moment

Respect Blenderfriend.

Did you use Cycles for this? How many samples? Looks like it could use a few more. Some aliasing going on too. How did you shape the cup? Looks a bit uneven. All constructive criticism!! Been learning Blender myself for a bit now; super fun. Are you learning Blender for fun, or for a specific artistic purpose? Keep it up! I love me some 3D rendered jazz cups.

No was using Render Blender instead of Cycles with ambient occlusion as lighting, but keen to see how realistic it would be with the more accurate lighting that cycles offers. It does look uneven..must've pushed something off balance while sculpting it out. Will look into aliasing to smooth out those rough edges, cheers for the tips. Learning just for fun but possibly for some art stuff once get good enough!

Another attempt: (will take your advice into account for next one)

mrlyRJU.gif

• 1 month later...

Archived