IGNORED

Milieu - Polypsilon, Part 1

Mellow U

a3745746371_2.jpg

So I realized last year that in all this time producing electronic music, I've never really attempted an acid record. So I tried it, and it got so tangential that I ended up with 2 hours of material. Sensing that the world didn't need yet another double-album, and also because of the fact that the music is more playful than highbrow, I decided to split it into two separate parts. I'm not quite sure how much this qualifies as true acid - it doesn't - but it definitely bears the marks of the genre, as well as all my other favorite things from electronic music. There's loads of melodies and a couple spots of breaks and even a weird jungle track (that's on Part 2)...anyway I put it on FIFTEEN copies of black cassette tape. Get in!

Milieu - Polypsilon, Part 1

It definitely qualifies as Acid. Bought one from ya' Pretty sweet!

Thanks a lot! I'm glad to hear it actually makes the grade. I never make "genre music" but it was a fun thing to experiment with, in this case.

All music gets crammed into some genre.

Oh I know, but as far as the artist themselves saying "This is acid" or "This is dub techno" right out the gate - that's something I try to stay away from, because it's a slippery slope from there to just pandering to the whims of whoever buys your stuff. Polypsilon was intended fully as playful, loose, non-serious comfort food, whereas most of my stuff I try to make a bit more unique than sitting down and wearing influences on my sleeve, like I did here...

2nd half of polyglide is fucking awesome, good work on this. Are you using an actual 808?

Hah, no way, I can't afford that shit. All the 808s you hear on my stuff are from one of my Boss Dr. Rhythm boxes - usually the 550 or 660.

Releases like this and overseas shipping prices make me sad that I don't live in the US.

$6 shipping for a limited tape with an hour of music, directly supporting me with your purchase, is too much?

Remind me never to complain about how low the dollar is compared to both the euro and the pound, then.

Sorry, really not picking a fight here, but it irritates me how people overseas can even think US shipping is outrageous when Americans are routinely faced with paying more for intl. shipping than the music itself usually costs...

Spent the last of my wage on this, because Milieu never disappoints.

Thanks very much! I do my best.

this is great! p-q floored me. :biggrin:

Thanks! P-Q was made almost entirely with drum machines. There's a small 2 note acid part at the end, and the sustained two-tone part was sampled from a brainwave generator. The rest is all drums.

Releases like this and overseas shipping prices make me sad that I don't live in the US.

$6 shipping for a limited tape with an hour of music, directly supporting me with your purchase, is too much?

Remind me never to complain about how low the dollar is compared to both the euro and the pound, then.

Sorry, really not picking a fight here, but it irritates me how people overseas can even think US shipping is outrageous when Americans are routinely faced with paying more for intl. shipping than the music itself usually costs...

Spent the last of my wage on this, because Milieu never disappoints.

Thanks very much! I do my best.
Sorry, didn't mean to sound pissy, I was bitching more about my own financial shortcomings of late. I have ordered directly from yourself in the past and will again, just frustrated that I can't spend more on records nowadays. Hate having to be selective about what I order these days, even ordering records from here in the UK is becoming a novelty. Sometimes I wonder why I bother working.

EDIT: Also have to say, mostly ordering from yourself, wil-ru and Attacknine in the US, I'm actually surprised show cheap shipping is, certainly compared to Japan.

EDIT EDIT: Fuck it, just ordered the cassette, £12 Sterling all in is a steal.

Thanks Caretstik!

No apologies necessary. Shipping from here CAN be ridiculous - I learned that the hard way when my Install label started pressing 12"s and we realized that USPS was charging like $15 to ship just one to the UK. Thankfully, this is one of the upsides to operating Milieu Music and Recycled Plastics as a non-jewel case CD-R/cassette imprint - shipping isn't going to be outrageous for people to buy direct from around the globe.

Thanks also for taking the plunge with your order! I promise you'll have an hour of tasty analog BRIAN-DANCE goodness on the way to your mailbox soon!

My pleasure Brian. I have had a sneaky listen to the digital copy (I always prefer to listen to the actual physical copy when it arrives) and it it's already sounding rather sexy! And don't get me wrong, I'll always pay to support artists like yourself (I don't bother looking for non-legit freebies), it just frustrates me that I can't afford to buy as much as I'd like and always prefer the physical product over digital.

Anyway, back to thread - from what I've allowed myself to hear so far, good work Sir!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bump, This release is astounding B! P.O.L.Y.F.N.K. is definitely my current jam :music: ,I'm very much looking forward to part two.

Thanks so much Mike. I got way behind on shipping stuff this month so everything is finally on its way!

Part 2 is a bit more mental than Part 1. Some motorik jamming Krauty influences, jungle and general acid weirdness...

Archived