IGNORED

How did you change your life?

Frank Poole

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I very consciously decided about 6 years ago to completely envelop my head in electronic music, at the expense of years of classical voice and jazz trombone training. In doing so I have gained a true insight to my aesthetic sense and taste that has defined my path into architecture and industrial design. I suppose electronic music hasn't only influenced my aesthetics but also revealed how my mind processes environments and life -- hard to describe but I keep coming back to the repetitive rhythmic structure of it all.

Took a trip to India, had a truly transformative gastrointestinal experience and achieved oneness with the poop godhead.

Reminds me of this:

[youtubehd]OgHh42aTK7w[/youtubehd]

I am in no way implying that you're an "idiot abroad", btw. I would skip to 1:14 in this vid.

I feel like I realized relationships must be taken care off with thought and prudence. Because the more you invest in them, the more they will impact you. The relationship lasted 1 year. Until then I was on some sort of fucking-dating spree with several girls, changing from one to another in a short period of time. Then I stuck with this one for very long and I feel like I've grown up.

If a relationship subforum existed I had put up my tent there by now..

Good luck, All.

Btw.: good thread. Will add some of my own miserable crap later on.

I feel like I realized relationships must be taken care off with thought and prudence. Because the more you invest in them, the more they will impact you. The relationship lasted 1 year. Until then I was on some sort of fucking-dating spree with several girls, changing from one to another in a short period of time. Then I stuck with this one for very long and I feel like I've grown up.

I have trouble meeting girls with which I care to even have a short relationship. It's fucked because I no longer want to be alone, but my lifestyle is isolated in nature. The few relationships I've had have all ended quite poorly. So much so that I don't like getting intimate with others. I have trust issues, and a lot of anger and frustration to work through. I could benefit greatly from a good partner though.

I kind-of believe that a relationship shouldn't require too much work, per se.

I mean, beyond basic maintenance stuff like keeping the bills paid and the sink empty, if joyful coexistence does not come naturally to two people then maybe those two people aren't the best suited for each other. I think the basis of a relationship should be two people enjoying each other's company.

I've been in relationships where contrast of lifestyle was a huge problem, and I thought 'well I guess it's gonna take some effort to make this work.' But then the next relationship was just so easy because we were on the same page with everything.

Anyway, I think relationships should be easy, and if and when they're not easy there's something wrong. But that is totally just my opinion.

Yeah, I definitely recommend having a partner who shares many of your interests and passions. "Would you mind if I bought an oscilloscope?" "Mind? I insist!"

Sometimes you don't even have to like the same music or anything, just have to like hearing them explain why they like their music so much. Sometimes you barely even have to talk at all just communicate through feelings n shit.

I mean, beyond basic maintenance stuff like keeping the bills paid and the sink empty, if joyful coexistence does not come naturally to two people then maybe those two people aren't the best suited for each other. I think the basis of a relationship should be two people enjoying each other's company.

Anyway, I think relationships should be easy, and if and when they're not easy there's something wrong. But that is totally just my opinion.

HWAT?! Naw, man..... Relationships are hard work. Thinking that any relationship can 100% be joyful is an idealization of life that disregards the actual challenges required to progress in any manner. The only thing that can give satisfaction always on demand is drugs. Everybody has their differences and can get annoyed at various shits or become frustrated due to difficulty of life's challenges, but those who can realize that those troubles are worth going through to experience the positive aspects of each other- those are the people who are in good relationships. Dissatisfaction in another often has underlying personal insecurities involved, and in that sense- deep relationship or casual acquaintance- these people are required to realize our best selves, as they are the only ones who can show us where we actually already know we are faulty. Only sticking around for the best times and escaping due to harsh times are the actions of a brat child who only wants to experience what he/she thinks is most enjoyable in life. There is not one aspect of quality life that doesn't require hard work to get to a level of understanding to even be able to somewhat accurately determine one's opinion on personal value regarding the subject. Most have never had a perfect life with their biological parents, and those are the people who we came from. Our parents very directly reflect our inherited insecurities during interaction, which is what can cause so much difficulty. By realizing our own weaknesses in our parents and converting that frustration into understanding and action towards positive change, people are able to have smooth parental relationships. In any relationships that are 100% easy, those are the ones that keep people weak due to co-dependent support of each other's insecurities. There do exist 100% harmonious relationships, but they sure as fuck are not easy. They take patience, understanding, fully-opening up, acceptance of personal weaknesses to improve, and full support of the other and self in any situation-- no judgement, no retaliation, no fighting, no mental/physical abuse, no hate, even though those are the exact impulses that come up when we experience our own weaknesses (from realizing the self or experiencing our weaknesses in others). Only through this method, can we- ironically- be the strongest and most loving people to partners and family and friends. Although such relationships are not the easiest or most enjoyable, per se, the level of fulfillment and forward progress experienced is worth more than the highest of joys could ever bring. Joys are momentary and fade. Harmony and peace with the self and others is lasting.

HWAT?! Naw, man..... Relationships are hard work. Thinking that any relationship can 100% be joyful is an idealization of life that disregards the actual challenges required to progress in any manner. The only thing that can give satisfaction always on demand is drugs. Everybody has their differences and can get annoyed at various shits or become frustrated due to difficulty of life's challenges, but those who can realize that those troubles are worth going through to experience the positive aspects of each other- those are the people who are in good relationships. Dissatisfaction in another often has underlying personal insecurities involved, and in that sense- deep relationship or casual acquaintance- these people are required to realize our best selves, as they are the only ones who can show us where we actually already know we are faulty. Only sticking around for the best times and escaping due to harsh times are the actions of a brat child who only wants to experience what he/she thinks is most enjoyable in life. There is not one aspect of quality life that doesn't require hard work to get to a level of understanding to even be able to somewhat accurately determine one's opinion on personal value regarding the subject. Most have never had a perfect life with their biological parents, and those are the people who we came from. Our parents very directly reflect our inherited insecurities during interaction, which is what can cause so much difficulty. By realizing our own weaknesses in our parents and converting that frustration into understanding and action towards positive change, people are able to have smooth parental relationships. In any relationships that are 100% easy, those are the ones that keep people weak due to co-dependent support of each other's insecurities. There do exist 100% harmonious relationships, but they sure as fuck are not easy. They take patience, understanding, fully-opening up, acceptance of personal weaknesses to improve, and full support of the other and self in any situation-- no judgement, no retaliation, no fighting, no mental/physical abuse, no hate, even though those are the exact impulses that come up when we experience our own weaknesses (from realizing the self or experiencing our weaknesses in others). Only through this method, can we- ironically- be the strongest and most loving people to partners and family and friends. Although such relationships are not the easiest or most enjoyable, per se, the level of fulfillment and forward progress experienced is worth more than the highest of joys could ever bring. Joys are momentary and fade. Harmony and peace with the self and others is lasting.

Like I said: if the relationship requires work then something is wrong.

For instance, things like "No mental/physical abuse" should be a default setting. It absolutely should not require work to maintain. (and if it does, then once again there's something wrong)

relationships by their definition require work, wtf are you on about

Well sure they require work in the way that life in general requires work. Maintenance stuff.

But enjoying your time around another person shouldn't require work.

I dunno. What would you consider 'work'?

I've been in relationships where contrast of lifestyle was a huge problem, and I thought 'well I guess it's gonna take some effort to make this work.' But then the next relationship was just so easy because we were on the same page with everything.

I've run out of fucks to give for relationships. At this point, I'm too exhausted to invest any more of my time and energy to look for relationships. Plus, people wanting to have any form of relationship with me now, I assume skewed market value evaluation is part, if not all, of the equation. I value sincerity very, very much.

relationships by their definition require work, wtf are you on about

Well sure they require work in the way that life in general requires work. Maintenance stuff.

But enjoying your time around another person shouldn't require work.

I dunno. What would you consider 'work'?

What would you consider work?

Archived