IGNORED

Philip Seymour Hoffman DEAD!?

goDel

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad news.

Figured it was coming when I learned about him having heroin issues a couple of years ago. Sad news, though.

I hope he found happiness in some way. It sounds like shit, I mean, heroin. Fuck. Sad news.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2011/oct/28/philip-seymour-hoffman-jack-goes-boating

A couple of years ago, the film writer David Thomson, a great fan of Hoffman, suggested the actor was not stretching himself. It seems a strange thing to say about someone famous for offbeat and challenging work. Yet Thomson has a point.

I hadn't thought about Hoffman like that. I mean, it's a given that he was a great actor. We all respected and loved him in a strange way. He had such passion and talent on screen. It was infectious and unforgettable to watch him.

But couldn't he have done more? He didn't need to do any more than he wanted but I don't think we saw the very best of him. I think Capote was his best but he had the ability to be better. We've been robbed.

Now I'm really fucking sad.

What I mean is; I've always liked and respected PSH. He's been one of my favourite actors for years. But I was always waiting for his next stellar role. I thought The Master might have been it. But I still felt that he could have done more, as great as it was. I wanted to see his next role. And the one after that. I wanted to see him eclipse Daniel Day Lewis in terms of his consistent quality and the respect he garners.

Fuck.

I normally don't do this, but I was around the corner when the news broke so I went to the street where the apartment is to put some flowers there, but the paparazzi was all over the fucking place and the police had blocked off the street.

Poor guy. He was a fantastic actor.

can't believe it. RIP.

shitty!

Happiness

Magnolia

Synecdoche, New York

The Master

In Cold Blood

Punch Drunk Love

:(

don't forget Patch Adams

I normally don't do this, but I was around the corner when the news broke so I went to the street where the apartment is to put some flowers there, but the paparazzi was all over the fucking place and the police had blocked off the street.

uhm wut.

uhm wut.

watmm member in new york shocker.

I actually cried a bit over this --first time a celebrity death had that effect. I think it's because any time I see him in a role I feel like I'm watching someone I know, which made his death weirdly personal. He's a symbol of humanity for me I guess. Seemed like a genuinely good man with great empathy and a profound understanding of the human condition. RIP.

Archived