IGNORED

i finally understand Palace Posy

YEK

basically this album sounds like an old soundtrack, i'm sure most would agree. i'm just listening to it now and i got the idea that palace posy sounds like an Intermission. taking it out of the playlist and the album has a much better flow, IMO.

try it.

PP thows you off path at the beginning with the disjointed, beats & timing but gradually the track comes together awashed in synth waves slowly turning into a neolithic, chanting primitive riverdance.

amazing track & TH wouldn't b the same without it

I see dark, shimmering, and opaque sapphire pillars, and a garden of impossible alien splendor, and through the halls, through the tiers and up the steps, there is something great waiting for me. Royal. Noble.

I find the beginning of the track excellent (Classic BoC mention) but I'm really bothered about the chant part on this track. It's the only moment of the album I don't like, although I find the track great otherwise.

Guest transmisiones ferox

basically this album sounds like an old soundtrack, i'm sure most would agree. i'm just listening to it now and i got the idea that palace posy sounds like an Intermission. taking it out of the playlist and the album has a much better flow, IMO.

try it.

For me Collapse sound more like an intermission

When I heard the album for the first time I was a little underwhelmed by the first half and this was the first track that grabbed me by the balls. Several others followed, notaby Sundown.

Now I love the whole album but this is still one of my favourites.

And yes - apocalypse.

• 2 weeks later...

I find the beginning of the track excellent (Classic BoC mention) but I'm really bothered about the chant part on this track. It's the only moment of the album I don't like, although I find the track great otherwise.

Definitely agree, in the beginning I feel like I'm dancing on a field of colourful bouncing mushrooms

When the vocals come in it really puts me off, but great track nonetheless

Definitely agree, in the beginning I feel like I'm dancing on a field of colourful bouncing mushrooms

When the vocals come in it really rustles my jimmies, but great track nonetheless

Never disliked this track. Intermission makes sense in a way I guess, cause the track is quite dramatic and very saturated (as opposed to most tracks on the album being recognized as rather "skeletal" if I remember correctly). I can imagine the lights coming on and a curtain closing to this track with a 1950s World Fare font saying "TOMORROW'S HARVEST WILL RETURN SHORTLY!" - it works. Although I don't think it was meant that way.

I haven't listened to the album in ages, filed it under "quite good but a little weaker than the rest". Right now, my opinion towards it is quite neutral. Curious to go back once it gets a little warmer outside and find out how my perception of it might have changed.

Guest extherium

I find Collapse to be more like the intermission, given as it is the middle track and it doesn't have the same depth of the tracks surrounding it.

In the film that I imagine Tomorrow's Harvest to be, Palace Posy I've always envisioned as the scene where the protagonist encounters someone/something and has a low-level epiphany/idea that helps move the plot forward.

Then the album goes into Split Your Infinities which I see as that follow-up montage or sequence of scenes where the protagonist puts their plan into action, setting everything up.

Archived