Guest AsylumSeaker

Guest AsylumSeaker

https://soundcloud.com/asylumseaker/miasma

This started off as a jam on my Korg EMX, recorded on my Tascam Portastudio 414.. cut bits out of that and added my new Volca Beats, and put it all together in Ableton Live.

I tried to master it my self.. sorry if it sounds not good. I think the kick drums ended up with a slightly harder edge that's not meant to be there, but I couldn't work out how to get it very loud without doing that. Not my forte obviously.

Thanks for listening and/or commenting :)

Really dig it, the synths have a very nice texture and feel to them. That intro is super dreamy, and I am very much into the arp stuff in that middle section. Overall the song has a solid structure, nothing seems too long or too short. Maybe throw in an element or two more to support the synths on their own? Though I do like a more minimal sound... Keep up the good work. You've got a new soundcloud follower :wink:

Guest AsylumSeaker

Cheers for following :)

I have debated with myself about adding more elements.. I think I'm going to leave it as it is, though I might do a busier version which would entail bringing down some of the reverb and such to make room. I like the idea of having multiple variants of my tracks that I can choose between depending on situation.

btw, with that intro.. it's all about Valhalla DSP's Shimmer reverb.. So good for those big flowing swells of atmosphere, especially when multiple instances are layered over each other :)

Just a heads up dude, I downloaded your track and have just been messing around with some of the sounds. If anything cool comes out of it, I'll bounce it your way. Let me know if you have a problem with me messing with stuff (I obviously won't post anything) :biggrin:

I really liked the way it started out, and also how the drums kicked in. But after that I wouldn't have made the arp repeat the way you did. The chords in the intro are much more interesting imo.

Guest AsylumSeaker

Just a heads up dude, I downloaded your track and have just been messing around with some of the sounds. If anything cool comes out of it, I'll bounce it your way. Let me know if you have a problem with me messing with stuff (I obviously won't post anything) :biggrin:

That's awesome, definitely keen to hear it if you come up with anything :)

I really liked the way it started out, and also how the drums kicked in. But after that I wouldn't have made the arp repeat the way you did. The chords in the intro are much more interesting imo.

I would have liked some variation too, but in the original jam where I cut all the sounds from, I basically only dropped the arp into bass frequencies for that one bit, for some reason.. and it was like 6 months later that I actually edited it into a track, and I couldn't be bothered going back and trying to recreate matching material now. But, I guess it's growing on me as it is.

Archived