IGNORED

Sd Laika - That’s Harakari

joshuatxuk

Anyone else heard of the guy? I'm not one to post in new and upcoming often (usually someone is well ahead of me) but really digging his earlier EP and this mix, reminds me of Loops Haunt, Milanese, and early Zomby: dark and heavy, lot of grime and breakcore influence, really interesting and not easy to pigeonhole into witch house.

Anyway, he's got a new album out via Tri Angle.

Announcement via FACT

sd-laika-cover-02191.jpg

Tracklist

01. Peace
02. Great God Pan
03. Gutter Vibrations
04. I Don’t
05. Meshes
06. Remote Heaven
07. You Were Wrong
08. Don’t Know
09. Peaking
10. It’s Ritual
11. Percressing

• 1 month later...

45FHRDs.jpg

"The Milwaukee artist has turned in 11 tracks for 'That's Harakiri', an LP that traces it's way through noise and soundsystem tekno. Laced with sandpaper-like abrasiveness, the title's reference to Japanese ritual suicide is somewhat apt."

listen, but don't buy from amazon http://www.amazon.com/Thats-Harakiri-Sd-Laika/dp/B00JH1Y48M

triangle http://tri-anglerecords.com

• 2 weeks later...

listening now, very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very good

triangle is releasing some great stuff at the mo

some stuff record man at my local shop was like NO NO NO THERE IS NO CD VERSION OF THIS RELEASE. and i was like uuhhh ok i thought there was.... so i go home and now i'm buying it on amazon. wanker

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I didn't like this on first listen, but I haven't been more wrong in a long time.. Listening through this, the EP and his Idiot Thug mix, and they are all amazing!

So glad I picked it back up, and I only did it because I love Tri Angle and almost everything they release.

• 3 months later...

So the only way you can buy this is through Amazon, right? Tried to go through Triangle records but apparently they don't have it available in a physical medium (and oddly don't even have it available digitally, wtf?).

Also, for those who have grabbed it how has it held up?

I bought this in a record store that is in a building and it came on compact disc. Does that help?

I still find this album mostly perplexing but pretty awesome. It’s short, though.

I bought this in a record store that is in a building and it came on compact disc. Does that help?

I still find this album mostly perplexing but pretty awesome. It’s short, though.

Haven't been inside a record store in years. Don't have any issue with them, and I can see why people would want to support them, but I just don't really have the urge to call them up to see if they have it, and if they do, make the drive down there to buy it at a higher price. But yeah, that's always an option I suppose. I was hoping he had a band camp or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3esc96yNSA .com

it is then, I suppose

Haven't been inside a record store in years. Don't have any issue with them, and I can see why people would want to support them, but I just don't really have the urge to call them up to see if they have it, and if they do, make the drive down there to buy it at a higher price. But yeah, that's always an option I suppose. I was hoping he had a band camp or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3esc96yNSA .com

it is then, I suppose

Makes sense. Honestly, I am just so impatient that I like to have things RIGHT NOW. Waiting for Amazon packages is the worst.

Also browsing can be nice, sometimes you don’t know you want something until you see it.

Also I wasn’t necessarily saying that you should go to a brick-and-mortar store, only that there was at least wide-enough distro of this release for it to be in stores at one time. So your favorite site/store/back alley may indeed have it.

• 1 month later...
Guest bitroast

such a good album.

that first track after the intro is so good. with the speed up / slow down main melody. really dig it. ( pen expers vibes?? )

• 4 weeks later...

Archived