IGNORED

New Die Antwoord Single

o00o

I don't follow :cry:

where does it say that 'Aphex Twin' (or any other RDJ pseudo) is actually going to be on this song? are people just assuming that the Aphex tattoo shot and reference to a 'dearest friend' as collaborator means that RDJ is the performer? seems pretty hollow... what am i missing here?

because the song says featuring aphex twin, lol

Where does it explicitly say Aphex Twin? I've only seen the "hang man" with missing letters?

it was officially established like almost a year ago that Aphex Twin would be appearing on the new Die Antwoord album, im guessing you probably weren't paying attention

I wasn't. I'm not a die antwoord fan at all so haven't been keeping pace

me sorry

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what about the analord bonus tracks released in 2009? 23 tracks, a double disc album's worth of material, and people act like it didn't happen. it's only been 5 years, not counting steinvord, which was 2 years ago.

I really like analord bonus. did the steinvord = afx rumor out to be true? The last time I did listen to steinvord did not convince me but I stopped following the steinvord mega topic after a while

the general consensus is still out on Steinvord unlike the Tuss, there was never any definitive proof like the Chrysalis licensing information found for the Tuss. Grant and and any official parties still continue to deny both the Tuss and Steinvord have anything to do with RDJ.

I don't follow :cry:

where does it say that 'Aphex Twin' (or any other RDJ pseudo) is actually going to be on this song? are people just assuming that the Aphex tattoo shot and reference to a 'dearest friend' as collaborator means that RDJ is the performer? seems pretty hollow... what am i missing here?

Where does it explicitly say Aphex Twin? I've only seen the "hang man" with missing letters?

it was officially established like almost a year ago that Aphex Twin would be appearing on the new Die Antwoord album, im guessing you probably weren't paying attention

I wasn't. I'm not a die antwoord fan at all so haven't been keeping pace

me sorry

i think it was heavily discussed in this forum, im not a fan of Die Antwoord either and I'm sure most of the people who already knew about it are probably in the same boat I'm in. But i appreciate the apology

i guess stephen doesnt even look at the topic hes posting on, hes been actively posting on the die antword/aphex threads and still has no idea? what the hell

drugs :sad:

throw me a bone here lol

lol are you on adderall or something, why are you replying to everything/posting in every thread?

Just one of those days. I'm studying and bored of the topic so easily distracted. :facepalm:

I've only posted 22 times today it's not THAT bad. lol

Huh? So Squarepusher's twisted jungle/ish styles in the 90s and early 2000s were just him jumping on the trend train since jungle was big back then? And RDJ was just jumping on the IDM trend train of the 90s?

etc

That doesn't make much sense. These are just artists making music that we may/may not categorize as any particular genre. If they are consciously or unconsciously making songs that fit into a particular perceived category is irrelevant, since it still has their artistry/stamp

Yes to the 1st question and no to the 2nd, as RDJ created the IDM trend himself. Nobody saying that they're doing it for commercial purposes or it has no original value, it's just comes natural when you're young and not, when you're not.

Fair enough, but there's a distinct difference between "jumping on a trend" and taking an available sound and putting your spin on it. If any of those artists made skrillorx style dubstep to appeal to mass markets then yeah that's jumping on a trend.

But to compare somnl and dark steering to "brostep" is assinine. Those songs are distinctly by their respective artists. There is a certain degree of generic-ness that should be assessed before it's just "jumping on a trend" IMO.. =/

I wouldn't call it jumping on a trend either, i commented on a general assessment. A little more precise description would be trying to be cool & hip. Like techno was considered cool & hip in a large crowd of late 80s Britain, so young AFX also perceived techno as his space to do things. Not like a social sign or in a today's caricaturistic way of being hip, but as a shared feeling of freedom.

Die Antwoord's music is undeniably horrible by almost any measure...

Ha! Come on man, you know better than to make "objective" calls on music. I think they're one of the most fun things going on in pop music right now . .

edit: lol@ludd

Steinvord ran out of instant coffee mix so he was like "hot dang, musta go buy now" and he went down stairs to the 7 1 1 and was buying some more. Suddenly rdj is seen coming out of the snack stacks like he aint no ghost, comes over to steinvord and stands in front of her. He's like, "you encroached onto me, you should pay. Stretches his arms out and sucks Steinvord inside of him. They become one.

Steinvord ran out of instant coffee mix so he was like "hot dang, musta go buy now" and he went down stairs to the 7 1 1 and was buying some more. Suddenly rdj is seen coming out of the snack stacks like he aint no ghost, comes over to steinvord and stands in front of her. He's like, "you encroached onto me, you should pay. Stretches his arms out and sucks Steinvord inside of him. They become one.

TRu stori

Guest Ron Manager

Don't know if this was also directed at me, but you're right, I haven't been paying attention. I hadn't seen the missing letters track title. Hence my question. But I'll take your 'official' word for it then.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Sounds a bit like a Turning Dragon era Clark rip off. Lots of over-detuned sqare wave arpeggios. Nothing special. The vocal processing is unlike anything I've ever heard before though. 6.5/10

whhaat how can i hear this? right nao

This is the easily the boldest move of Aphex Twin's career, they are very unique, non-sellout artists and he realises this, they've been working together for a couple of years now and Die Antwoord have put up pictures of them and Chris Cunningham too, I think something very special is cooking here..

They're one of the artists on my watch list, so this is almost like a dream come true for me.

Marilyn Manson's long lost inbred cousins. I mean, Richard also loves or loved to shock & offend, but he is actually an original & talented musician... So he gets to do whatever the hell he wants - I want to hear what he's doing musically regardless.

These guys are at least as offensive as windowlicker & come to daddy, though, and he must dig that if he's working with them. And if he's worked with them for several years now (live shows 2010), maybe he, at least, thinks that they're talented?

Archived