IGNORED

How many watmm trolls are paid by their governments to be here?

andihow

?

You seriously think that's the case? I'm not saying it isn't, but it's so unlikely I don't even really care. It'd be a waste of their precious resources if they did.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Screenshot2.png

The way reddit is organized actually keeps me from using it. I can't stand the way they organize the text and replies.

the thread is absolutely crazy, i just spent the better part of 2 hours reading through it while going back to the original First Look article. Pretty amazing stuff, but i agree the format of reddit is annoying as hell, worth the read though

Well, awepittance is obviously a puppet for the Russian government, eugene's account is run by the idl and then there's a bunch of tea party employees not interested in music hanging out.

yeah i've heard it before, to be honest i'm not really interested in continuing a debate about Obama

but I've been reading this very interesting Reddit thread about this First Look story

http://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/1ywspe/new_snowden_doc_reveals_how_gchqnsa_use_the/

ahaha, this just so insane, pathetic and hilarious at the same time - worldnews mods delete this lame excuse for journalism because it doesn't contain any news but someone's interpretation of a few ppt slides - "THE NSA INVADED REDDIT AND MANIPULATES THE DISCOURSE YOU GUYS, JUST LIKE IT SAYS IN THOSE SLIDES !!11" . as if like about fifty million posts about this whole ordeal were never posted on /r/worldnews and all got censored in the past.

conspiracy logic is like this self perpetuating cycle of idiocy that constantly feeds itself.

Everything you just said is a fallacy ridden with strawmens!

I just made 0.88! Click here to find out how!

Hacktivists Hate This One Weird Subversion

Stay At Home Mom Makes $5,847 A Month For Posting Misdirections On A Few Forums!

Learn How Creating Simple Trolling Loops Can Generate Infinite CA$$H! Your Imagination Is The Only Limit!

Ok I'm done. Back to attempting to sleep

Wow. I always expected this, but to see the degrees of sophistication they put into it.. Really shows how much of a threat a free Internet is to governments, and should give the more incentive to keep 'fighting' for one.

From a PIP (people in power) perspective, I think this tactic works way better: Instead of restricting or monitoring the Internet (SOPA etc), aim your forces at swaying the opinion in a general direction, discrediting opinions, while simultaneously making people believe that they are free to do whatever they want.

I have to say I'm impressed.

Chinese government employs thousands of people to manipulate discussion on their equivalent of twitter (weibo). I'm sure other nations do as well.

Joyrex: I want a pay raise or I'm going straight to the NSA. ;)

Yeh.. a part of me isn't surprised. The same part just wants to remain blissfully unaware, but I cannot answer for my own ignorance any more. That part is slowly fading into nothingness.

On the other hand, waking up from this daze has its perks.

I remember some comedian saying (jokingly, but quite accurately imo) that the reason for that whole attitude is that politicians themselves are always involved in some underhand, scheming shit, so they think everyone else must be, too. Rather than, y'know, wanting a decent job and some weed on a friday night.

At the same time, these are the same agencies that can leave memory sticks full of thousands of KB of data on trains by accident, so it's a weird combination of unaccountable powers and human incompetence.

And those fucking powerpoints.

Somewhere on the internet Compson is bombarding a forum with quote boxes and links on a hot-button political issue.

I received a gift basket once but that was hardly proper pay and the pretzels weren't even Honey Mustard but some other kind of cheese flavor that wasn't as good.

Were they soft pretzels?

i have very little doubt that eugene should be working for a US govt agency if he isn't already. "stifling debates" "posting negative information on forums" "repetition to reduce vigilance" "present story fragments" etc, eugene is damn good at all these things. get a job, eugene.

if there's anything i'm working for is for more critical attitude towards things presented as truth and certified knowledge on the internet. i really see no difference between glenn becks and fox news and things like RT news and glenn greenwalds, politically they're opposite of course, but neither of them have anything to do with what's referred to as "truth". naturally criticizing one side will always seem like defense of the other, but that's really not my intention.

lol @ all the UFO images in the powerpoint: https://firstlook.org/theintercept/document/2014/02/24/art-deception-training-new-generation-online-covert-operations/

even a 16 year old would get a failing grade for turning this in as finished work. clip art, incomprehensible qualitative graphs from MS word, slides with 500 words and bubbles everywhere followed by slides about "getting them to look where you want them to look," ffs gchq.

Archived