IGNORED

New Coldplay single 'Midnight' produced by Jon Hopkins

Goiter Sanchez

WATMM, pat yourselves on the back. Elsewhere most comments have been "meeeh bon iver ripoff derp derp im so cool" whereas here there's a lot of positive feedback and mention of Jon Hopkins, which wasn't mentioned on stereogum.

Good job dudes

t8zvc.gif

lol my criticisms would be:

1. Why is Chris Martin dancing weird all by himself?

2. It seems like they are trying a make-over in order to stay relevant. Both musically and aesthetically

3. Are they wearing camo? eww....

4. Is this supposed to be their Kid A?

But you know the music isn't so bad.

while I can't help but feel the vocal effects end up making his voice sound unfortunately generic i think the song is pretty cool nevertheless. I've never had a problem with coldplay though, plenty of excellent pop songs from them.

The vocal melodies/harmonies/treatment do sound exactly like Bon Iver, so I think it's a fair comparison. That's the part most people pay attention to.

Pretty nice sounding track, but it feels like I'm listening to the producer as opposed to the band.

1. Why is Chris Martin dancing weird all by himself?

2. It seems like they are trying a make-over in order to stay relevant. Both musically and aesthetically

3. Are they wearing camo? eww....

4. Is this supposed to be their Kid A?

Yeah looks like they've seen the Lotus Flower music video and listened to Imogen Heap and then made a song.

Which is better than a lot of the shit they were making the last couple of years though

while I can't help but feel the vocal effects end up making his voice sound unfortunately generic i think the song is pretty cool nevertheless. I've never had a problem with coldplay though, plenty of excellent pop songs from them.

word, haven't bought a single track of theirs but I can respect their pop sensibility from a distance

1. Why is Chris Martin dancing weird all by himself? i know, embarrassing

2. It seems like they are trying a make-over in order to stay relevant. Both musically and aesthetically right?

3. Are they wearing camo? eww.... yup

4. Is this supposed to be their Kid A? (lol, i thought this same exact thing)

My thoughts exactly!

Archived