IGNORED

Apple commercial - What will your verse be?

Guest Papillon

Guest Papillon

I saw this commercial on TV tonight for an iPad with images of a kabuki player, and a camera man, and some random shit and in the background you can hear a bastardized version of a Walt Whitman poem. At the end of the commercial the guy says "what will your verse be"?

When I see things like that all I can think is the obvious. My verse will be me sitting on my arse with a new iPad playing angry birds until my eyes hurt.

Do any of you guys think about stuff like that?

Wonder what Walt Whitman would think about iPads and our society.

Here is the commercial.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jiyIcz7wUH0

Here is Walt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walt_Whitman

Fuck Apple commercials sideways with a tool belt. I hope whoever writes and directs that shit is haunted by those smarmy voiceovers until they change their life forever, by dying.

Every commercial looks the same to me...

If I had a billion dollars I would create an ad campaign for something that doesn't even exist. Just some crazy, stupid commercials that take airtime from Coke and Budweiser.

Watching their commercials makes me want to push the 'eject' button on the entire human race. But then again, most commercials do.

I can just see the college-fresh young'ins who have never faced a wink of adversity pitching awful marketing/commercial ideas and Apple eating it up to stay relevant/hip. So many sweatervests and thick rimmed glasses can be seen behind the smarmy and self-aggrandizing apple product adverts, its blinding.

I like how Apple (along with many others) is trying to make the idea of the family never looking up from their bright screens of wasted humanity a good thing. It's ass backwards and makes them seem like they want a 1984-esque brainwashing of youth and people. Fuck friends and family, connect via this incredibly bright and expensive screen, because fuck you - you need it and it makes you a more creative and fun person.

Fuck most TV commercials anymore. They're made my companies that don't actually give a shit about you, and half of them don't even make sense. They only care about getting your money.

One of the main reasons I never watch TV at home.

lol by far one of the most depressing commercials I've seen. Reminds me of those stupid Levi's ads that had Tom Waits reading Bukowski.

I'd rather have an annoying jingle or blatant stupidity. These commercials that try to capitalize on some existential longing are disgraceful, for lack of a better word.

I like how Apple (along with many others) is trying to make the idea of the family never looking up from their bright screens of wasted humanity a good thing. It's ass backwards and makes them seem like they want a 1984-esque brainwashing of youth and people. Fuck friends and family, connect via this incredibly bright and expensive screen, because fuck you - you need it and it makes you a more creative and fun person.

http://youtu.be/R706isyDrqI

Ever noticed how dominant a TV is in any room there is one? It draws you in like candy. And what do you get from it? It's a tool for creating commercial zombies who are addicted to consumerism. And it is an explosion of stupidity and disinformation.

Why waste time and space on a TV. There are countless ways to watch the interesting stuff.

And the funny thing is, people don't even understand the notion of a living room without a TV anymore. The living room has basically become the TV room. With the TV as it's centerpiece and a couch oriented around it so it can facilitate thousands of uselessly spent hours watching lights come out of a box.

Ever noticed how dominant a TV is in any room there is one? It draws you in like candy. And what do you get from it? It's a tool for creating commercial zombies who are addicted to consumerism. And it is an explosion of stupidity and disinformation.

Why waste time and space on a TV. There are countless ways to watch the interesting stuff.

And the funny thing is, people don't even understand the notion of a living room without a TV anymore. The living room has basically become the TV room. With the TV as it's centerpiece and a couch oriented around it so it can facilitate thousands of uselessly spent hours watching lights come out of a box.

It has whatever value you give it, TV's can be used for good. BELIEVE

Plus this is coming from a being(s) that spends a good majority of its life doing something that it doesn't want, working for pieces of paper and/or digits in a bank account. Do those thousands of lost hours have more value because you were making money?

Some people spend their time differently?

**violently vomits at the pretentious of the Apple commercial**

God, that was fucking awful. I can't really place my finger on it, but I was met with this huge, growing resistance in my upper abdomen region.

I am, as they say, fully weaned off the glass teat

you know... besides that whole 'I spend a ton of time on my computer/internet' thing...

but good for you, you should use your ample spare time to build this as a reward to your steadfastness

4608967_1.gif

Archived