IGNORED

The Music Of Silke F.

Guest Silke

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
Guest Silke
'Frühling' sounds like instrumental music for some french art house film, very nice. The start of 'Orgue2' reminds me of Logon rock witch by the phx twin then beats kick in and it goes somewhere else, then it judders abit and fades out just as i was getting into it, why? Shcwardlicht has a nice vibe, lupa penguin style/ Ovuca'd. Dancing with ghosts has a groove and yeah a touch of BOC, but not overbearingly obvious, so its a petty comparison, it has its own thang going on. I really liked the classical chivalry of "xaiqqluqc2IuzideliqqI4", you have the skills.

I will compose again.

• 1 month later...
okay i've listened to all of them now... this is so good... man.. i don't have the slightest idea what you're doing here on ekt! you should be on a major label smoking a cigar in your mansion on tahiti :D seriously!

the first two tracks... i prefer the first one, but probably only because of the synth sound. the melody in "swarzlicht" is also astonishing. i can't tell you how cool it is that they're both played by hand (or did you sequence it that way?)

besides that, "fruehling" has this sad/depressive overtone that reminds me of paysage d'hiver ambiental stuff which i love. i'd buy a whole album of such ambient immediately.

anyway, top quality stuff, haven't heard anything this good on ekt so far!

ogue2: that was truly intense! mad beats and really great ambience. also the production quality is really good. i'd love to hear more tracks (longer too ;) in this vein.

dancing with a ghost: that's quite BOCish huh? :) still it's a great track, i can say i never enjoyed boc that much but this track feels really deep and i like it a lot. do you use sampled beats?

so how do you produce? what gear do you use? tell us about yourself!

I use and do everything.

Verb 5000 is very nice. I like the verb. 43 yips is very nice, but also shit. I also like music which has been sequenced by recorded keyboard. I never do It as its not in my visuion of persuing, only to test patches of synths. But friends and such who are very talented compose this way. But this is kind of shitty music half the time, otherwise its brilliant.

Some really nice tracks here, very nice melodies. I particulary enjoyed EIIIC, Fruhling, Morphium, Dancing with a Ghost and Silke F. You should definitely look for a good label or net label to make a release on.

Just out of interest, what sort of software/synths do you use?

• 3 weeks later...
I use and do everything.

Well I really enjoy your music. Let us know if you release something or if you want to share some more tracks (I'd love to hear some more of your ambient stuff). :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
Universe Erotica

Beyond The Abyss

Speak to tHe Universe

Calis

Colgo

First Contact

OvctorII

Glas

Pride & Glory

Fleder

Maria (Slow Mix)

MIS

Louvrerec

http://www.musiker-on.de/bands/981

'Maria (Slow Mix)' is absolutely brilliant, really lovely melody and the beat is good too. Probably my favourite of yours. First contact is fantastic too, could do with a bit of eqing though. These melodies are as good as anything by Bochum Welt or Aphex.

good engineering and production but needs a little more spark. Alot of this to me sounds like Astrobotnia-light. While being seperate from a lot of the cliches of electronic music it doesnt have enough to really make it transcend those trappings. I only listened to the tracks on the first link you gave. Your mixing skills are ace but i think you should challenge yourself a little more and use less presety sounding synth patches and stock breakbeat samples. Your editing and sample trimming needs to be a little more detailed. I can hear clipping at the end of most of your drum samples.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived