normcore

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fuck the normcore

10060611.jpg

why you dress so conservatively?

also are those pinecones armani???

This is my formal attire. I let myself loose on the weekends. The pinecones are actually Dolce & Gabbana.

this idea is ill-conceived. if one knew a little about fashion history one would know that this is just an extension of the 90's revival. By the late 90's the anti-fashion ideal had become normal and it resulted in a lot of plain clothing being really vogue. voila, fifteen years later the same shit is rehashed.

I have been doing this since early 2012, on a self aware level. But it is far too early in the defining stages to be pinned down here. We're getting a mix of worn out 80s 90s thrift clothing which has been hipster for a long time, with the neater component being Seinfeld apartment lounge wear, but I also see a sort of stock photography hanes-chic look, the whole north face fleece people thinking they are dressed nice. These are 2 separate things.

On any given day, I can be placed somewhere in the spectrum between norm-core and sub-hipster, but not hanes-chic. I have not delved there.

I'm working on a new fashion which will be coming out soon. I'm demoing a few items, like the urban male head scarf, right now.

On a good day, now, I would call my style bus-core/dysto-chic. I've been riding the bus a lot and I'm basically dressing like the people who have a bus pas lanyard on at all times. The key to a good bus-core outfit is a murdered out pair of sneakers. You need to look like you have been walking around in Detroit for a decade.

this idea is ill-conceived. if one knew a little about fashion history one would know that this is just an extension of the 90's revival. By the late 90's the anti-fashion ideal had become normal and it resulted in a lot of plain clothing being really vogue. voila, fifteen years later the same shit is rehashed.

Yeah, exactly. But there actually is a new element in there, a sort of embraced dread. That's what I'm interested in.

The photos I'm seeing look like the past 30 years of fashion photography. There are people who actually have a take on it, but I'm not seeing them.

Also, not dad-chic, grandpa-chic.

Guest fiznuthian

What if you're an unattractive person? I feel like this only works for good looking people because otherwise no one questions that you look like shit.

Archived