• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I want is the Gas track, and maybe the ae one. Hope they offer up the tracks individually.

you party beast you

:cisfor: . Upon hearing the samples, actually gonna pass on both of those. The Gas track sounds more like Wolfgang's Kafkatrax project, just with those Gas bass kicks.

It's pretty tough to judge what the song's are going to sound like just from the 30 sec previews. :cerious:

That is entirely true and makes a lot of sense in general.

However, this is WATMM. *does it anyway*

It's pretty tough to judge what the song's are going to sound like just from the 30 sec previews. :cerious:

That is entirely true and makes a lot of sense in general.

However, this is WATMM. *does it anyway*

lol, very true

All right, I'm still blown away by the 1, 2, 3 layout thing..... If I did realize that back in the day, I've forgotten. Either way, I'm "like, whoa". But I do remember consciously thinking, "What the fuck is up with these random curves..."

It's more than enough in most cases. Especially if you are familiar with the producer. I don't need more than 10 sec sample on that Gas track to know what it will sound like. Autechre too, but they tend to overturn compositions for overturning's sake, so we've learnt that it's only a fragment of the sound. Outside of WATMM, there's a universe of 30 sec is enough to judge pop music of all kinds. But of course the idea of 30 sec sample is only a marketing tool for controlling expectations.

All right, I'm still blown away by the 1, 2, 3 layout thing..... If I did realize that back in the day, I've forgotten. Either way, I'm "like, whoa". But I do remember consciously thinking, "What the fuck is up with these random curves..."

What are you refering to?

What are you refering to?

3 columns in the shape of a 1 2 3.

Shiiiit so it was ! I could never quite work out why they used curvy bits and square bits. Just thought it was tDr being kooky.

Bleep%20550.jpg

Mind asblown !

Come to think of it, I do think I realized it, but it took me a couple years. Yah, this thread reminded me of craaazy DRM on downloads back in the day. I got a Jake Slazenger free DL from Bleep in ze early days, due to a bug. Anyone else remember the Jake Slazenger bug? Yah- good times, good times..... *sitting by the fireplace, feet resting on warm tiger skin rug, lighting pipe tobacco, reminiscing on Bleep's Jake Slazenger bug of yesteryear*

100% agree

Guest bitroast

i absolutely had no idea that it meant 1,2,3 and assumed it was either supposed to look glitchy because it's primarily electronic ('glitchy') music. or that it was just glitching out and broken by accident. mind blown, so to speak!

Speakin' of glitchy: For about 1 second now-- missing the old warprecords.com cube animated logo ting. Innovative, even in the present. HWAT?! WARP BEING INNOVATIVE?!?!?! I know right..... Totally alternative universe shit.

It's more than enough in most cases. Especially if you are familiar with the producer. I don't need more than 10 sec sample on that Gas track to know what it will sound like. Autechre too, but they tend to overturn compositions for overturning's sake, so we've learnt that it's only a fragment of the sound. Outside of WATMM, there's a universe of 30 sec is enough to judge pop music of all kinds. But of course the idea of 30 sec sample is only a marketing tool for controlling expectations.

Bah, they should be a minute at the very least. I love how Mu's previews are 1:30 or more. It gives you just enough time to get the feeling for the track. :shrug: but that's just me.

Bah, they should be a minute at the very least. I love how Mu's previews are 1:30 or more. It gives you just enough time to get the feeling for the track. :shrug: but that's just me.

Bleep will give you a complete preview when the day will come, don't worry. It's either no samples or 30 sec at this point (full promo tracks don't count). I suspect Mu had more of a technological reason behind 1:30 decision back in the day. Now everything is in full preview mode as long as it can. There is a personal border for everyone between catching the overall sound, getting the feeling or spoiling the track.

Bleep will give you a complete preview when the day will come, don't worry. It's either no samples or 30 sec at this point (full promo tracks don't count). I suspect Mu had more of a technological reason behind 1:30 decision back in the day. Now everything is in full preview mode as long as it can. There is a personal border for everyone between catching the overall sound, getting the feeling or spoiling the track.

Aye, I hear where you're coming from. *tips hat*

• 2 weeks later...

I dunno. just get the set wave-like . Find the the whole shit kind of boring. Even the Gas track is far away form the qualtiy of his 90s output. Kind of like the ae though.

Wait for my brilliant review of the new Caustic Window release in june ha ha ha hah ha HA HA :w00t: :w00t:

Best track : Nosaj Thing

Archived