IGNORED

Autechre - SYptixed

cear

if the reproduction environment imposes significant distortion as to degrade the perceived response (freq/time-domain), or the ambient noise floor is high, etc etc ... then of course headphones can function as a net benefit. however issues localized to your environment do not allow for a catch-all generalization for all reproduction systems across all acoustical spaces. it's the equivalent of writing off the performance or abilities all automobiles based on your experience with one particular model who may or may not have even be operating within the confines of the deigned envelope in the first place.

distinguishing details of panning does not imply accurate stereo imaging, as with speakers within a bounded space of which the pertinent signals destructive to imagine are mitigated.

Hey Sean or Rob I'll pay you 2 quid on Paypal for the track.

dat...i would pay €5,- for this track in 24bit wav

Edited by exm

The LFO tremolo sounds like the Audio Damage Mangleverb. I am using that plugin quite a bit and in the same way as used in this beautiful track...

Been doing the kinda sound we hear in the main synths for a while but I've been taking years to not make it sound shit and actually sound in tune somewhat, I still haven't managed and now the chre have beat me to it. I should give up music.

Been doing the kinda sound we hear in the main synths for a while but I've been taking years to not make it sound shit and actually sound in tune somewhat, I still haven't managed and now the chre have beat me to it. I should give up music.

hehehe...i am not saying my sound comes even close to what Ae is doing.........

I played this track before going to sleep last night. Then this morning I had a lucid dream with me, Rob and Sean going shark fishing on a boat somewhere off the Cornish coast (I decided it was Cornwall in my semi-consciousness) , the day was bright and sunny with big blue skies. The water was prepped with big sacks of burley hitched onto the back of the boat. Funny thing is, we were using big leads with float rods suited for English river roach. So the whole thing was heading for disaster!! The bait was in the water and all three of us were getting tiny tremors on the rod tips. They were shouting at me that the gear wasn't strong enough. Then my rod lurched over and just as I was going to strike into the shark (and all the carbon fibre was going to explode and disintegrate in my eyes) the lucid dream just faded more and I was trying to blot out the sunlight through my curtains. I was losing the dream....as I knew shards of carbon fibre were gonna pepper my eyeballs.

cool dream, cool track

I'd like a lucid dream about Kate Upton, just to even things out....

Detuned underwater piano at 6:42. It's.

@hauntingsoul, someone quoted AAA/headphones some postings before yours.

Edited by Guest

Guest lambda

I don't understand...it isn't fair...I used to imagine that they had a few tricks up their sleeves, sort of some Autechre algorithms or stompboxes or something they could just plug things into and out would come masterpieces. But AAA taught me that they actually work really hard at it, even compulsively, and don't use tricks, but have mastered a wide variety of hardware and software that they're constantly experimenting with. AUTECHRE HOW DO YOU DO IT. HOW DO YOU MAKE THESE TRACKS.

...For my money, every record is better than the last.

~5:30 there's a synth trying to get out but it isn't making any progress.

Its mankind which couldn't escape. You lose sight, because you get dragged into space. You think for a moment about life and everything and finally get swallowed by the sun.

Alternative: the SYptixed ending may be the soundtrack to the whale scene in Hitchhikers Guide from Douglas Adams.

Edited by Guest

...For my money, every record is better than the last.

I think this is approximately true, yes. And that's astounding!

The amount of "mental evolution" that takes place in the years between ae albums is gigantic.

Finally got around to listening today. Although I have a habit of making throwback comparisons, I'll indulge once more and say it reminds me of the end of Tilapia (on Cichli Suite), at least melody-wise. I also like how the second kick in the 3rd and 4th bar of each percussion loop begins to shift closer to the first kick. The synthetic cymbals add a nice foggy, spacious texture too.

I'd still say the Oberman Knocks - Dilankex remix is the better of the two Ae 2014 trax, but this one's still good on its own.

Yeah this is really good, Sounds to me like a nice mix of Oversteps and Exai styles.

Agree its maybe not as good as the Oberman Knocks remix but then not a lot is!

Edited by kirm

Possibly a little early for me to make such a statement but that might be one of my favourite things Ae have ever done. Utterly stunning !

I like it a lot - it's immediate, and doesn't take long to build-up. Ae have this ability to create simple melodic structures but supported by an amazing sound palette.

I really like how the synths and the percussion interact with each other. I know plenty of Ae material has that, but I'm particularly fond of it.

I wasn't expecting such a smooth open to the track.

After Fleure, tac lacora and Oberman knocks remix, pressing play on new Ae has been really blisteringly fast lately so that was quite a surprise

Edited by fizzkinz

Straight... I think its very conservative build up. Which is not bad and not related to a tracks quality. Someone in bleep10 thread even said "cheesy". Well yeah, but the track is good enough to handle cheesiness.