IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - Commissions I

Cryptowen

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ron Manager

can't wait, all 3 tracks sound awesome (hadn't heard Meet Your Creator or the I Only Have Eyes For You cover before). i've been listening to Music For Steamed Rocks all afternoon. hope this is available online eventually as i don't live near any record shops.

I dig the album art. It seems inspired by Underworld's theriverrun period 2005-2007, which I assume were each created by John Warwicker of Tomato design firm

b213efc067.jpg

It even looks like they use the same typeface, Caslon.

Edited by Rpeg

Guest Gravity

Hey, this is that live track I was hoping he would release! Awesome. I Only Have Eyes For You is great as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Copyright 2011. 2011.

Fooken a OPN has a tiem machine, so vapourwav

It's an epson printer too. ever wonder how they've managed to stay in business so long while continuing to make completely shit products?

oyPG1RP.jpg

i dont get it

so it's getting printed out?

Copyright 2011. 2011.

Fooken a OPN has a tiem machine, so vapourwav

It's an epson printer too. ever wonder how they've managed to stay in business so long while continuing to make completely shit products?

profile-target.jpg

Sorry but I have to rescind my earlier praise of OPN's cover, listening to it earlier today made me realize that I only have ears for the original

This post might interest you.

I agree, and I think the Field did a better cover.

Guest jasondonervan

According to my local record store price list for RSD, this will be £13 and the stock availability code is '1 = LOTS', so I doubt it will be as cut-throat as the Chuck Person 7"s was to get hold of a copy.

According to my local record store price list for RSD, this will be £13 and the stock availability code is '1 = LOTS', so I doubt it will be as cut-throat as the Chuck Person 7"s was to get hold of a copy.

That is good news. Excited to see 0PN at Big Ears tomorrow; will post review.

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody else having clipping issues with this one? Maybe it's just my shitty pre-amp. It's most noticeable in the beginning of "Music For Steamed Rocks."

And super late on the show review, but the performance was great; definitely one of the highlights of Big Ears. The historic theater was full when he started playing, but by the time he finished, only a quarter of the seats were filled. A middle-aged man sitting next to me left after the first 15 minutes, saying "This sucks; sounds like 80s pop music!" His loss. My only complaint was that Daniel was a little too heavy on the bass; it drowned out the highs in some places. He should have asked Tim Hecker for advice because Tim's EQing was spot on for his performance.

As far as Big Ears performances go, I'd rank him third: 1) Colin Stetson 2) Tim Hecker 3) 0PN 4) Julian Holter 5) Vatican Shadow

Saw him yesterday, was good but not great.

The sound was OK, I liked how loud it was, but the mids were kind of ear-piercing. Guess I could've worn earplugs but I never do for some reason. The bass was fun but also made the whole hall rattle. Normally I wouldn't mind but everything rattling and distorting like that was a poor match for the shiny/glossy aesthetic of R Plus Seven. The whole thing would come across better if he could pull of a cleaner "hi-fi" sound. You know those cheap receivers that have EQ presets that make everything sound artificial and surreal, that sound would be perfect for his show. A bigger screen would've helped too, come to think of it maybe his live set would be right at home in a movie theatre.

The live versions of the R Plus Seven tracks were banging though, and there were a good few more that I didn't recognize at all but would like to hear again, wonder if they'll ever be released.

I didn't get the record, didn't even try or look around for it, I just fucked off right after the show.

Probably, I don't think he made it sound that way on purpose. It was clean and loud for the most part though. Things just got a little ragged on the loudest and the bassiest parts.