IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - Commissions I

Cryptowen

According to my local record store price list for RSD, this will be £13 and the stock availability code is '1 = LOTS', so I doubt it will be as cut-throat as the Chuck Person 7"s was to get hold of a copy.

Well I went to Picadilly Records in MCR and this was sold out at lunchtime unfortunately. I'll have to try Norman when they go online next week.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ron Manager

According to my local record store price list for RSD, this will be £13 and the stock availability code is '1 = LOTS', so I doubt it will be as cut-throat as the Chuck Person 7"s was to get hold of a copy.

Well I went to Picadilly Records in MCR and this was sold out at lunchtime unfortunately. I'll have to try Norman when they go online next week.

When who or what goes online? This 12"?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Guest jasondonervan

Yeah... either my local screwed up on their stock prediction, or it just sold out really quickly... which is fairly likely, considering previous years have since queues round the block there.

Noticing prices for it are creeping upwards on ebay as well.

yeah it's a RSD release. Apparently after a week of 'shop only' sales any left over stock is allowed online.

http://www.normanrecords.com/record-store-day.php

Guest Ron Manager

yeah it's a RSD release. Apparently after a week of 'shop only' sales any left over stock is allowed online.

http://www.normanrecords.com/record-store-day.php

Ahh I didn't know Norman Records had an actual shop.

That eBay auction that just finished is stupid, someone just paid more than you can pay for any copy currently on discogs...

Norman are an example of why RSD is a stupid fucking concept.

They're an efficient and excellent online shop selling great records at a good price. They're mega-music fans, and sometimes put Maoam in with your order. I've never had a problem with them, and any email gets a reply within an hour.

Support your online record store shop

Guest jasondonervan

Paid more money than I should have for it, oh well:

i79eLKfvcQMxy.jpg

Spotted this on boomklart, looks like digital is out on Monday:

ijAkzDFcVw716.jpg

Guest jasondonervan

There are loads of mint copies of this on Discogs for 14 quid. I was under the impression this was gonna be a super rare thing? Obviously not :mellow:

I think that's due to some record shops now permitted to sell their excess stock online or whatever? Norman Records put up all their stock listings... That £14 price is from one seller (thoroughly legit going by their feedback rating), could be legit or could be a listing error. Either way, that'll drive the price down across the board.

Digital is showing on Blerp for Monday release as well.

Music for Steamed Rocks is sheer epic bliss. Love the bit at 3.00mins where it does The Shining and then fades into the orchestra. Definitely gonna buy this. Nice artwork too.

There are loads of mint copies of this on Discogs for 14 quid. I was under the impression this was gonna be a super rare thing? Obviously not :mellow:

I think that's due to some record shops now permitted to sell their excess stock online or whatever? Norman Records put up all their stock listings... That £14 price is from one seller (thoroughly legit going by their feedback rating), could be legit or could be a listing error. Either way, that'll drive the price down across the board.

Flashback is just around the corner from where i work, they're great. Would recommend.

I'm pretty pleased about this 'cause the quality of the music here is high, and I'd be tempted to shell out stoopid money for it otherwise. I can get the vinyl and digital for the price of a few pints down the pub. Result.

£14 for three tracks had better be a listing error, it's far too expensive isn't it?

I still snagged one of those from Flashback though.

Guest Ron Manager

Vinyl also now in stock at Bleep. lol. no indication that it's limited at all (but did Warp ever say it was?). Glad I didn't succumb and pay an inflated price...

Guest jasondonervan

Vinyl also now in stock at Bleep. lol. no indication that it's limited at all (but did Warp ever say it was?). Glad I didn't succumb and pay an inflated price...

Yeah, I got burned. Ah well, glad to see that everyone else can get a copy now.

Immediately thought of you when I saw the Bleep email, they should at least announce that they plan on making it available after RSD.

Guest jasondonervan

Immediately thought of you when I saw the Bleep email, they should at least announce that they plan on making it available after RSD.

Deep down I think I knew they would... too impatient for my own good. It does make a hollow mockery of the whole RSD concept, but I can understand why Warp did it. They want to put something out on the big day to generate some interest for one of their artists, but they known they'll still be able to shift plenty of copies after the event.

It's still too expensive... who remembers when an LP used to cost the price of what labels get away with charging for an EP these days? Grim times. /rant

Guest Ron Manager

Agreed on all counts. Still a silly price for a 3-track 12", and more or less defeats the purpose of a RSD release...

Deep down I think I knew they would... too impatient for my own good. It does make a hollow mockery of the whole RSD concept, but I can understand why Warp did it. They want to put something out on the big day to generate some interest for one of their artists, but they known they'll still be able to shift plenty of copies after the event.

It's still too expensive... who remembers when an LP used to cost the price of what labels get away with charging for an EP these days? Grim times. /rant

I remember the same thing happened with Eno last year, but they did seem to indicate that copies were limited then?

I'm in two minds whether or not to just order a copy now, even though I won't be playing it any time soon. :shrug:

Is the EP at least good?

Guest bitroast

I really like the first track and third track. Second track doesn't grab me too much but I don't mind too much because it seems like it came from the early days of the r+7 sound. Plus some people really get behind it.

If you like r+7 I can't imagine you'll have much too trouble enjoying the ep.

If you don't like r+7 then um..

I have my copy ordered:)

I really like the first track and third track. Second track doesn't grab me too much but I don't mind too much because it seems like it came from the early days of the r+7 sound. Plus some people really get behind it.

If you like r+7 I can't imagine you'll have much too trouble enjoying the ep.

If you don't like r+7 then um..

I have my copy ordered:)

R+7 was one of the best LPs from last year (imho), cheers for the overview, I'll order it now. :beer:

Guest jasondonervan

I remember the same thing happened with Eno last year, but they did seem to indicate that copies were limited then?

I'm in two minds whether or not to just order a copy now, even though I won't be playing it any time soon. :shrug:

Is the EP at least good?

The tracks are nice enough, but I wouldn't say it was a must-have record for the money. Grab one and stick it in the racks if you're a die-hard OPN fan, otherwise spend your pennies on the Caustic Window Kickstarter instead ;)

Is the EP at least good?

The tracks are nice enough, but I wouldn't say it was a must-have record for the money. Grab one and stick it in the racks if you're a die-hard OPN fan, otherwise spend your pennies on the Caustic Window Kickstarter instead ;)

Too late, but to be honest, if it's more R+7, I don't mind the price of admission, I guess.

Already pledged to the CW kickstarter, so it's all good. :cisfor:

Guest Ron Manager

I love all 3 tracks. I Only Have Eyes For You is the weakest I guess, but still nice. The two original compositions are gorgeous.