IGNORED

Sin City: A Dame to Kill For

Rubin Farr

wow! this is exciting for me. The original is in my top 25 of all time. Awesome movie. Hope they don't fuck up this one.

So.... is it a sequel or completely unrelated?

Apparently its got bits from 4 books 3 of which are prequels.

Hang on....

There are books? I didn't know this. Can you elaborate??

Or are you talking "graphic novels"?

No worries! Honestly, I never checked out the graphic novels but I'm inspired to do so, now. Have any of you checked them out? Is it worth my time?

I really REALLY enjoyed the first sin city movie.

the comics are okay, the art is where its greatness lies, imo. Looking forward to seeing this. Might give Rodriguez a decent name for himself again, otherwise his name is tarnished in my eyes.

I saw the first one in theaters and it was magical badassery to the max. I think Clive Owens part was my favorite

Might give Rodriguez a decent name for himself again, otherwise his name is tarnished in my eyes.

How so? Everything he has done apart from those stupid kids movies has been great. The guy knows how to get the best of the budget he is given.

frank miller needs to fuck off forever

A bit of a right wing nutcase is he? I don't understand how people can make cool things but be so lame at the same time it does not compute

Might give Rodriguez a decent name for himself again, otherwise his name is tarnished in my eyes.

How so? Everything he has done apart from those stupid kids movies has been great. The guy knows how to get the best of the budget he is given.
Planet Terror & Machete are camp classics.

Guest Gary C

Also, truly excellent visual style. It could look so bad without the right meticulous approach and talent. But Rodriguez makes it all at once classic and fun and interesting.

heck yea, been waiting for this for like 10yrs now!

even though i agree with some of the comments miller made which first made all the left wing types out there turn on him (seemed like it mostly happened when he wanted to do the comic where batman uppercuts bin laden in the face), i do think he's kind of an idiot. i saw some of what he's done with his all star batman, i mean just a bit of it, and to me it seemed seriously fuckin' terrible.

i think the thing about miller is, that he's dumb as hell, but in some cases the dumbness of his stories just works out in this perfect way to the actual benefit of the story. like sin city. that first movie had the cheese factor of like a lame b-movie all over it, but you could tell it was intentional, but done to keep the dumb-ness from the comics in place. somehow the stupidity of the thing just makes it kinda awesome though, imo. based on what i've seen of millers work, it only works in rare cases though (usually not with batman, with the exception maybe of year one. and yeah i'm saying i think dark knight returns kinda sucked shit, with the main exception of the ending with supes, which was kinda cool.).

oh and i'm ignoring the fact of the brostep in the trailer. and my feelings that i've had for 5 yrs that if/when this comes out, chances are like 70-80% imo that it will suck compared to the first one. because dammit im hoping against hope that this is cool.

oh and i almost forgot, the one thing that gives me some small ounce of hope about this-

RAY FUCKIN LIOTTA

fuck yeah. he's perfect for this kinda shit (the fucks and shits are warranted)

Archived