IGNORED

New Waldorf String machine!!

Guest The Bro

Its not supposed to sound like real strings... It is emulating vintage string synthesizers that have a specific sound. And I think the official release/announcement isnt for a few more days, hence the lack of samples.

I don't want to be a negative nancy, but why not just record real strings?

And why are there no videos or audio samples for this thing?

Not a ton of people have access to string players? Something tells me, if you're buying a string synth, you don't have access to dedicated orchestra members and high quality recording equipment.

It seems like a one-trick pony that can easily be accomplished by many other means, although I won't write it off until I hear it.

Guest AsylumSeaker

Strings sound like strings. String synths sound like string synths. If you want the sound of strings, you hire a musician or learn to play violin. If you want the sound of a string synth, you get a string synth.

Guest AsylumSeaker

But... urgh... emulating strings has always and will always sound soooooo bad.

the waldorf sax synth is next

Fuck yeah.

Someone needs to do a dedicated harmonica synth.

it's a multilayer wordplay...

streicher = strings, but in german the word is derived from the act of moving the bow over the strings. to stroke, basically.

fett = fat

so it's fat strings.

but:

streichen = to spread, also. like, to spread butter on a piece of bread. and butter is a? fat.

streichfett is a totally valid, yet stunted expression for anything which contains fat & which you would put on a bread by spreading.

it could also be interpreted as an imperative... hey you! spread the fat!

/germanlol

Archived