IGNORED

akai announces $200 analog drum and bassline machine

kcinsu

lulz, just what i thought. shit demo

If you'd been thinking of getting this device but were thinkng that, after all this time, you don't actually want to hear it but would love to heard Dick Devine make it sound like absolutely everything else he does as a way of deciding if you're going to take the plunge..... well, you're in luck.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you'd been thinking of getting this device but were thinkng that, after all this time, you don't actually want to hear it but would love to heard Dick Devine make it sound like absolutely everything else he does as a way of deciding if you're going to take the plunge..... well, you're in luck.

I came here just to post something like this... amazon omg devine you go!

marginally better yes but still looks and sounds like the guy doing it has never used a drum machine before....still it's a better showcase of the sounds and for that i am thankful....sounding alright!

AHAHAHA.... Waaadapiece ob psiet. At $200 mass produced, this thing is prolly running some $25 hardware innards. And since it sounds like shit, it's prolly more like $10. Logo is not even good. The whole thing must be a joke....

THAT BEING SAID-- for those of you who think they can do better demos (like me), this could be a business opportunity. So buy this $200 junk toy upon release, do a YouTube video of it sounding incredible, then in the video, straight up tell AKAI "That's how you do a hardware demo" BAM- fucking served. You (or I, if I wasn't so lazy) might be able to get future gigs just performing demos for drum machines.

I've seen a lot of GREAT hardware noodling from Richard Devine, and the fact that he has to hide this "Rhyhm Wolf" behind several thousand dollars worth of spaceship, might mean that this gear really is garbage.

This can still be decent despite the horrible demos. But one thing that I know for sure and have known for a while now is that I just don't like Richard Devine's music. I tried and tried and nope. Not gonna happen.

This can still be decent despite the horrible demos. But one thing that I know for sure and have known for a while now is that I just don't like Richard Devine's music. I tried and tried and nope. Not gonna happen.

That just means that you have no a soul.

But not even this?:

Granted, the music video helps immensely.

I can objectively appreciate his style and the work put into his tracks, but I find it all sterile and lifeless. I get nothing evocative from it. I can't explain it.

Yah, no- that's pretty straight forward. Most of his tracks are sterile and emotionless, and I suppose that is the "charm". It'll be a fine day when Richard Devine writes a track that makes a grown man cry.

about Rico Devine... i do like a fair bit of his musical output I'm just bored by the fact that every product demonstration he does end up sounding more or less the same. in that context it just seems ridiculous that he uses such mountains of gear that is labyrinthine in complexity but ultimately could just be a cool wee Reaktor patch.

Archived