IGNORED

Dark Souls II Is Out Today. (360/PS3 - PC Later)

Joyrex

Favorable reviews coming in... might have to give in to temptation and get this before it goes down in price (like most games do if you wait a month or so)...

Anyone picked it up and plunged in yet?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gonna wait until the Steam Summer sale (2015) for the PC one. Still not finished the first one yet (PTF edition) - though am really close, just two more bosses to go (and apparently the last is a piece of piss)

Gamefly shipped it, I'm just waiting.

Spongebobwaitingincoffee.gif

Shocked you were able to get a hot newly released game off GameFly - from what I've heard, all the brand new stuff is snapped up immediately.

Gamefly shipped it, I'm just waiting.

Spongebobwaitingincoffee.gif

Shocked you were able to get a hot newly released game off GameFly - from what I've heard, all the brand new stuff is snapped up immediately.

You gotta have games on your list like a month in advance and shit for it to work.

a mixture of never finding effigies, having your health reduced, and enemies dissapearing has made the first 10 hours of this game nightmarishly difficult for me, farming is a pain in the tits now.

this game is a pain in the tits, is there more opportunity to get human effigies if you have online?

because im at the first boss, no human effigies, half HP which means its a one hit kill, and there arent any enemies left in the section to soul grind because of the gradual devolution. im getting absolutely fucked up.

this game is a pain in the tits, is there more opportunity to get human effigies if you have online?

because im at the first boss, no human effigies, half HP which means its a one hit kill, and there arent any enemies left in the section to soul grind because of the gradual devolution. im getting absolutely fucked up.

No, not really - best thing you can do is go through the castle and save up the 1500 souls to buy an effigy from the old woman by the bonfire so you can restore your humanity and get your HP back to where it should be. The Last of the Giants (first boss) can be tricky - best thing to do is keep behind him, running towards the leg that is not stomping to avoid getting squashed - keeping him in the centre of the arena is also helpful so you don't get pinned against the wall. Also, only strike him once or twice each time - any more than that and your stamina runs out and you end up defenseless.

If you rest at the bonfire, the enemies will return, but obviously if you've gone this route several times and enemies are disappearing, you might want to travel to another bonfire and see if that resets the area entirely (I don't think it will though).

You could go to the first area and "play" with the large rhino-like creatures (I nicknamed them "patrick"). Creepy as fuck and for god's sake don't let them grab you - they'll bite your head off (literally).

im such a dick, didnt think to check if any of merchants had effigies. now ive just got to find 1500 souls worth of enemies that havent vanished.

that is actually the only part of this game im kind of irritated with actually, at least with dark souls 1, if you got truely stuck you could just grind away to get that extra bit of strngth or dex you needed, but now?

Archived