IGNORED

Dark Souls II Is Out Today. (360/PS3 - PC Later)

Joyrex

im such a dick, didnt think to check if any of merchants had effigies. now ive just got to find 1500 souls worth of enemies that havent vanished.

that is actually the only part of this game im kind of irritated with actually, at least with dark souls 1, if you got truely stuck you could just grind away to get that extra bit of strngth or dex you needed, but now?

I take it you never played Demon's Souls with the World Tendency? That was sooo frustrating.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

loving this to bits, level 60 and trying to wangle my way through the rat boss down in the pit. it seems like it should be easy as fuck, but the goddamn big rat poison leaves me dead in seconds every time. i dont remember poison being so lethal in dark souls one after you exceeded level 20 or so.

also, is there anything at the end of the wharf? it seems like that ship should be reachable but i cannot for the life of me figure it out. i also dont know why reading hints on watmm seems less like cheating than an actual walkthrough online.

Started playing again after a delay - I'm increasingly calling this game "Dark Bros II" as I am calling almost anything bro- I got summarily fucked by "The Persuer", although I smartly retrieved my lost souls by going in with a Homeward Bone and as soon as I grabbed my 10,000+ souls I lost to him the first time, I fucked right off with that bone exclaiming "are you mad, crow-bro (my name for him before I knew he was called the Persuer since he comes in on a big fuck-off crow).

I'm in the broliseum now, fighting knight-bros. Not to hard since they're somewhat slow (bros). Huge fuck off drawbridge just came down, but too damn scared to go through the fog in fear it might be another crow-bro situation I'm not prepared for yet.

Guest cult fiction

loving this to bits, level 60 and trying to wangle my way through the rat boss down in the pit. it seems like it should be easy as fuck, but the goddamn big rat poison leaves me dead in seconds every time. i dont remember poison being so lethal in dark souls one after you exceeded level 20 or so.

also, is there anything at the end of the wharf? it seems like that ship should be reachable but i cannot for the life of me figure it out. i also dont know why reading hints on watmm seems less like cheating than an actual walkthrough online.

Yeah, at the very far end of the wharf you'll eventually find a pull level to "do something with a ship"(avoiding giving out too many spoilers).

This game is so god damn huge it's hard to fathom, makes Dark Souls seem small in scope.

im actually finding this game considerably easier than the first one now ive got going. been levelling up pretty much just vigour/endurance/strength, and im absolutely slaughtering everything with a level 4 club cos it scales up so well on strength. theres been a few bosses i took out first time without getting hit, flexile sentry/the big blob in the earthen peak etc. still having a wail of a time though.

Yeah, at the very far end of the wharf you'll eventually find a pull level to "do something with a ship"(avoiding giving out too many spoilers).

This game is so god damn huge it's hard to fathom, makes Dark Souls seem small in scope.

I just got to the wharf... bat-bros are SCARY. But dat flame makes dem backoff, bitches!

just lost 45k souls trying to jump to a secret bit in earthen peak, pressed leap at the wrong moment, the anger i felt was like nothing ive felt for years. im going to get drunk

Guest bitroast

Lost 130k souls last night on DS1 - Two bosses and an entire zone of enemies on NG+1. Did a full on Home Alone hands to cheeks pose.

hahaha lol.

Still getting slaughtered by the trio of knights in the Bastille - I can take down the first one no problem, but then his two cohorts join in and play pinata with my ass.

Still getting slaughtered by the trio of knights in the Bastille - I can take down the first one no problem, but then his two cohorts join in and play pinata with my ass.

somehow i managed this one first time.

ive levelled up strength to 100 while leaving everything else pretty low, got a +10club with S level scaling and even bosses are only taking about 14 whacks to take down. there are basically no enemies i cant completely skelp in a single burst of hits, its actually been depressingly easy compared to dark souls 1.

still incredible though, although the easiness has taken all the sweaty palms out of it.

ive levelled up strength to 100 while leaving everything else pretty low, got a +10club with S level scaling and even bosses are only taking about 14 whacks to take down. there are basically no enemies i cant completely skelp in a single burst of hits, its actually been depressingly easy compared to dark souls 1.

still incredible though, although the easiness has taken all the sweaty palms out of it.

what type of build are you playing joyrex?

Have you killed all the patrick's yet?

;-p

LOL... never thought of that! Of course, I named it Patrick after Spongebob (the 'Patricks' in Dark Souls II being slow and stupid, like Spongebob's best friend). Ironically, their proper name is "Troll".

I took one on, and managed to kill him, but I really don't think I'm ready to deal with two at once. However, I'll take these trolls over the messageboard variety anyday!

what type of build are you playing joyrex?

Knight - right around Level 50, still using a +5 Heide Knight Sword, and just got an Attunement slot for miracles (using Heal). Still can't take on The Persuer yet, but managed to kill The Old Dragonslayer (aka Orenstein).

btw, be careful with those bonfire ascetics. i did one in to the first bonfire, cardinal tower, and its full of enemies i cant even take down even though im absolutely slaughtering everything end game. just had a wee look online and it looks like it stays that hard all the way through ng+ runs aswell, so im pretty fucked for ng+ anyway.

btw, be careful with those bonfire ascetics. i did one in to the first bonfire, cardinal tower, and its full of enemies i cant even take down even though im absolutely slaughtering everything end game. just had a wee look online and it looks like it stays that hard all the way through ng+ runs aswell, so im pretty fucked for ng+ anyway.

Yeah, I read the description on the item, and I was like 'WFT - who in the hell would WANT to do that?" Guess I know, LOL!

i thought it would be good because im about 45 hours in now, and there isnt actually anyway enemies left to level up any more. im pretty sure ive now got absolutely no chance of getting through ng+ now cos by the time i get there the first area will be ng+1

i thought it would be good because im about 45 hours in now, and there isnt actually anyway enemies left to level up any more. im pretty sure ive now got absolutely no chance of getting through ng+ now cos by the time i get there the first area will be ng+1

Think of it as a more suitable challenge!

just beat it. 55 hours, level 180. fantastic game. easier than the first i thought, but that might be because i knew wtf was going on with the levelling system this time. shame no-one apart from me and joyrex seemed to be playing it, i usually miss talking shop on here because i get games 2 years after everyone else.

just beat it. 55 hours, level 180. fantastic game. easier than the first i thought, but that might be because i knew wtf was going on with the levelling system this time. shame no-one apart from me and joyrex seemed to be playing it, i usually miss talking shop on here because i get games 2 years after everyone else.

Congrats - are you going to NG+?

Finally got past The Persuer, now to go take care of the three Ruin Sentinels...

the ruin sentinels is just about staying on that wee ledge, and loading up with aromatic ooze or something so you can batter the 2nd one in before the 3rd one comes to play.

the only boss harder than the pursuer i thought was the final boss. the pursuer is fine when you come back to him with enough stamina to take a few whacks from his sword, but when you get to him at level 40-50 or whatever, hes an absolute dick.

just tanked ng+ in 14 hours, seriously club +10 and level strength up to 99, dragon greatrider shield+5, nothing has a chance. thinking of going for ng++ but i feel like it will start to get tricky, my club isnt getting any stronger.

Wow, surprised they allowed such an unbalanced stat to breeze through the game like that!

at level 105 or so now, somehow I missed some areas I should have entered earlier, so going through now - just defeated the Skeleton Lords and Covetous Demon.

I am slowly working my way through this game. I have quite a bit of things going on in real life that are getting in the way of my dark souls.

My char is about level 120, basically a spell sword, although I think I'm going to respec at some point once I figure out what I want to do. I just got my 4 great souls and have poking and prodding the front of Dranleic Castle.

Overall I think of Dark Souls 1 vs Dark Souls 2 as a quality vs quantity thing. No doubt DS2 is way bigger than DS1, but in my opinion it took a huge hit in terms of the quality of the boss fights and the engine looks conciderably weaker (at least on ps3).

I'm sorta crossing my fingers it comes out for ps4 eventually.

• 1 month later...

str is easy-mode in this game

Archived