Sign in to follow this  
PhylumZunami

How come no venetian snares mention in featured artists?

Just wondering, considering he is one of the greatest beat choppers to ever live.

there's a pretty cool story in the depths of The WATMM you should hear ...

he said thanks but no thanks i think

well link me the story homie! i'll still try to find it but yah know, hook a brotha up

he said thanks but no thanks i think

respect

Have you read the board rules yet? That's a good place to start brah!

well, rules are rules. good point my man.

i looked pretty hard through 10's of pages and couldn't find anything related to my post though.

┐('~`)┌

Basically Joyrex started a VS subforum a few years back and received a PM from Aaron shorty thereafter explaining why he didn't want a subforum on this site. To my knowledge only Joyrex has read the contents of this message.

Guest murphythecat8

wow, how can a artist possibly wouldnt want to be featured on a forum?

I really dont like him anyways, good for watmm, it gain a bit more credibility no having his souless music featured.

Edited by murphythecat8

Probably because Joyrex used quotation marks around the word music (e.g. I'm not a fan of his "music") when referring to his work. Which I personally think is offensive as fuck, no matter how much you dislike his music.

I really dont like him anyways, good for watmm, it gain a bit more credibility no having his souless music featured.

lol you can't be serious?

:trashbear:

I'm sure VS can take a joke and understood that Joyrex was being silly.

I think his point was that internet discussion boards (or perhaps more specifically this internet discussion board) can have a toxic atmosphere and he didn't want to be associated with negativity.

And when that's coming from the guy behind "Winnipeg is a frozen shithole" you gotta take a good long hard look at yourself!

Basically Joyrex started a VS subforum a few years back and received a PM from Aaron shorty thereafter explaining why he didn't want a subforum on this site. To my knowledge only Joyrex has read the contents of this message.

This is kinda what I understood. There was an attempt to include VSnares in the Featured Artists section, but then it was withdrawn at Aaron Funk's request.

There are a lot of opinions in this comment

There are a lot of wrong opinions in this comment

fix't

I am proud to say I managed to post in the v snares sub forum before it was shut down. Halcyon days.

I love 'core

Probably because Joyrex used quotation marks around the word music (e.g. I'm not a fan of his "music") when referring to his work. Which I personally think is offensive as fuck, no matter how much you dislike his music.

Offense as fuck, bro

8924332-unimpressed-or-offended-native-a

all this vsnares forum stuff is new to me, i remember before it was made and people were asking for it but didn't realise it sorta happened. if that thing about joyrex putting quotes around music is true it'd be a tricky context to justify that joke. also wasn't aaron posting here for a while?

Yeah he was on here and xlt for a while, like ten years ago or something. I remember there was some big argument between him and od++ about how legitimate FL is as a production tool; subsequently, there was a compilation of a few of us trying to make more intense drill/breakcore than snares. Only three entries though. Hilarious

Cuntag - Glue Hands III.mp3

The forum was created on the highpoint of the negativity concerning him. He had only just kicked The Flashbulb of his throne. No surprise he didn't want to be featured then, with 90% troll-threads to come. Would probably look different today, the VSnares-Hate-Train has passed.

I never got the v-snares hatred. Dude makes unique sounds and stands out a mile; all the better for it.

I never got the v-snares hatred. Dude makes unique sounds and stands out a mile; all the better for it.

I used to be a great fan of his stuff, but I haven't listened to it in ages. Most of his tracks are instant-like and make you smile cause there's a lot of humor on there, but then loose their appeal somewhat quickly. For me anyway. They seem a bit "style over substance", and I guess the reason why many find them "soulless" is the clean production and barely tweaked samples. But you gotta give him credit for creating funny, honest and un-pretentious tracks (okay except My Downfall maybe)

I wouldn't call myself a fan these days, but the hate is/was silly and for the most part it was just a meme anyways.