IGNORED

Black Narcissus - Varla

cear

just listened to this for the first time, it's hilariously bad. crappy meaningless melodies, shitty photodementiaish basslines and "weird sounds".

listen to early drexciya instead.

Agreed. Everything I've ever heard of Jodey Kendrick has been generic, banal, and mediocre. Talk about overrated.

I respect your right not to like things, but please son...

Just because something isn't tied up into a tight ball like SP, AT, or whoever else you want to references doesn't mean the compositions aren't interesting.

I actually find the style he/they utilize in composing tracks with experimental structures very refreshing. They sit in a nice balance between being over composed and lacking structure entirely. Plus Jodey knows how to design some really nice patches.

But carry on with your shit opinion by all means...

I'm glad you are so easily pleased.

:wink:

I was kind of thinking about it from the perspective of many traditional styles making songs in a circular composition in that they sort of spin around and revisit certain parts multiple times but a lot of jodey's work seems to be more linear. Aleksi Perala does this as well.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

some mad electrofunk from tracker scene

Can you post some examples of this?

Yeah. Check this release for example

sandra and chantal and friends - conish furtyles

You will need ModPlug Player to play this files.

Some sounds:

chantal - pear

sandra - strawberry

gothenburg electro

Please give me some examples to check out!

I'm guessing thats like Stilleben Records/Luke Eargoggle stuff. Love it.

Also Rutherford

Archived