IGNORED

Venetian Snares Subforum - Should There Be One?

Joyrex

Venetian Snares Subforum  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Should WATMM Have a Venetian Snares Subforum?

That wouldn't work because here on watmm we can turn any thread at any time into a politics thread.

Suck it FF my decent excuse shuts your logical next step trolling down.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That wouldn't work because here on watmm we can turn any thread at any time into a politics thread.

Suck it FF my decent excuse shuts your logical next step trolling down.

Me troll? I find that very, VERY, offensive.

Why not a planet-µ forum?

Don't they have one at their label site? :emotawesomepm9:

He obviously doesn't want that, so let's not.

Well, that was 4 years ago - who knows what he thinks about WATMM now.

holy shit that was 4 years ago... feels like yesterday

*feels old*

*remembers signing up as a 15 yr old*

*fucks my life*

I peruse the general music forum far more often than I check out the subforums. And although I think a vsnares forum would open up discussion of his music in a more general sense, rather than just talking about him when he has a new album coming out, are there enough vsnares threads to warrant a subforum (although a subforum will surely bring about more vsnares discussion, and that's a good thing)? Like someone mentioned earlier, there's really not a lot going on in several of the artist sub forums except around release time(afx discussion will continue at a steady pace into eternity whether he ever releases anything again or not I'm sure).

I do like the idea of label subforums. I think combining several artists into a single subforum will both make information/threads easier to pinpoint, and the variety of artists will sort of keep the forums active. And labels usually release music of a similar type, so that will lead to some thread cross pollination/people hearing about artist they might like.

But it doesn't really matter to me either way. I just typed the words forum and subforum far more than I ever thought I would.

p.s. can we have a boc sub-subforum inside the boc subforum? Just for fun.

why on earth vote no? my mind is completely blown

i hope you guys die from headcancer at a venetian snares gig

Have you not heard the story? The guy didn't want a forum up here, so they took it down. I don't think it's a matter of whether his music is good or not, as I think there are sufficient vsnares fans on watmm... but how pissed would he be to find that something he ordered taken down was put back up?

On the other hand, he might not mind. I would say someone should message him first to ask... it'd be well dumb if we just had to take it down again.

i hope you guys die from headcancer at a venetian snares gig

i once fell asleep at a vsnares gig. true story.

the mental image of someone casually nodding off while all these mad breaks explode around them is cracking me up.

Guest bitroast

I >>love<< Venetian snares/last steps(Aaron funk in general)'s music, but voted no because the while subforum obsession seems a bit pointless to me. There's less chance of myself or others stumbling onto interesting threads/news if everything is so micromanaged into its respective forum. Ceephax subforum for example. There's not a great lot to talk about that can't be kept within a 300 paged New Album thread (new release threads tend deviate from just being about the new album and about the artist in general anyway).

What more is there to discuss in Snares that can't be mentioned in the Poemms thread or some imaginary Lets talk about Vsnares thread??

So essentially, yeah, my answer is no because I find super specific subforums to be a bit pointless ..... !!

there used to be a great v snares forum on vsnares.com but i'm not sure what happened. i just remember it abrumptly stopped and venetiansnares.com went up, but with no forum. which was a shame because vsnares had some great conversations/topics etc.

how useless is my contribution to this topic apart from the above information?

Because I assumed he still doesn't want it, and I just don't wanna mess with him, he seems like a sensitive guy.

also, scrap the football subforum. nothing happens in there, and i can't imagine most users would object to the 3 threads that get any action being in GenBan.

I don't like football, really, but this year is another World Cup, so it's probably gonna get crowded in there again.

Yeah, speaking of why I dislike the World Cup - it just sucks when you own a business in Germany that isn't a pub or a Biergarten. it's like a guarantee for less income during the time because everyone is obsessed with the games and watches them on the big screen at some other place. Restaurants are pretty much deserted during those days.

So I watch the Germany-games at home, hoping the German team will fail early, because then everyone will stop caring and bring back the money to our place. Unfortunately, the German team is quite good at what they do. It makes for a tense world cup, I tell you that! :fear:

[/offtopic]

Because I assumed he still doesn't want it, and I just don't wanna mess with him, he seems like a sensitive guy.

also, scrap the football subforum. nothing happens in there, and i can't imagine most users would object to the 3 threads that get any action being in GenBan.

I don't like football, really, but this year is another World Cup, so it's probably gonna get crowded in there again.

Yeah, speaking of why I dislike the World Cup - it just sucks when you own a business in Germany that isn't a pub or a Biergarten. it's like a guarantee for less income during the time because everyone is obsessed with the games and watches them on the big screen at some other place. Restaurants are pretty much deserted during those days.

So I watch the Germany-games at home, hoping the German team will fail early, because then everyone will stop caring and bring back the money to our place. Unfortunately, the German team is quite good paying refs to get them closer to the finals. It makes for a tense world cup, I tell you that! :fear:

[/offtopic]

fikst.

Also, i'll have to come to your restaurant one day.

Archived