IGNORED

Aphex Twin: Revisit 'Selected Ambient Works Volume II', first released in March 1994

Joyrex

'Selected Ambient Works Volume II', the first full length release by Richard D. James for Warp as Aphex Twin was released 20 years ago on 7th March 1994. The album is available from Bleep alongside the 2012 vinyl represses of '...I Care Because You Do' and 'Richard D. James Album'.

More on Warp.net

Aphex Twin / Revisit 'Selected Ambient Works Volume II', first released in March 1994

Warp - Records - Aphex Twin - Revisit 'Selected Ambient Works Volume II', first released in March 1994
Connect with Warp, subscribe to the Mailing List and explore more RSS feeds here

View the full article

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was listening to this last night after seeing this thread. even after all these years i still feel very much that this album more than any others is...

quite good

:emotawesomepm9:

LOL... Blasphemy!!! :rdjgrin:

No album in the world like this. At first I hated it for a few years, took me while to tune my brain waves into the specific lay-lines of Richards Power Station.

changed my life for the better and I will always be grateful!

I played Blue Calx for some friends last night but had no idea it was the anniversary of this monumental achievement in art...

Yay!

regardless of how I rate this in my head it's the number one album I'd like to hear unused tracks from/stuff from around that era even if it's only vaguely related. Second being the Analords even with all the bonus tracks we got. And then maybe Tuss

changed my life for the better and I will always be grateful!

this

nothing to add really, amazing album, i love it both on a musical and personal level.

:aphexsign:

Incredible album, it really shows how powerful ambient music can be..... in my opinion there is no other ambient album (ambient without beats at least, volume I is another story) that even comes close to this album. So many tracks are so alien and otherworldly, they sound like they come from some infinitely different dimension...

Meditating to this album will truly take you to another level.

still no vinyl repress of this. When 1972 released a vinyl version from the CD masters, I consulted watmm forum on whether I should've purchased one. Well, at that time only RDJ Album and ICBYD were being repressed by warp, so I figured that they'd not repress SAW2. It seems I'll most likely listen to SAW2 in flac on my computer, and maybe occasionally play through the vinyl, despite a few missing tracks, when I feel like it.

I would disagree that it feels otherworldly, maybe I'm influenced by the track titles but it reminds me more of the real world but all distorted and through some weird lens, or like one of those pictures by some stoner where they just inverted the colors on a photo, except unlike the picture it feels like YOU'RE THERE man

i thought about starting a thread on the 7th - but i didn't because i was lazy.

but yes this is a landmark album - probably one of my top 5. every time it reveals something new

Guest murphythecat8

I only really, really like from this album: Stone In Focus, Liche, Rhubarb, Z Twig, Blue Calx. I still can't get into the other tracks

me too

what a special album

I only really, really like from this album: Stone In Focus, Liche, Rhubarb, Z Twig, Blue Calx. I still can't get into the other tracks

me too

what a special album

Those tracks are special. Damn... This type of stuff is what makes life so beautiful.

• 5 years later...

Archived