IGNORED

Plaid: Announcing a new album 'Reachy Prints', listen to 'Hawkmoth' ahead of release in May

Joyrex

I cannot wait to hear the finished version of Liverpool Street. It looks like there's a track called "Wallet" is well, which seems like another version of "Hope Wallet" which was played during that same midnight snacks session.

I'm hoping this is their most dream-like album yet, topping the Tekkonkinkreet OST. I like their futuristic/sci-fi stuff too, but Spokes will always be my go-to for those sounds.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few brief thoughts here:

First off, I really enjoy Hawkmoth, it has a similar vibe to a lot of the material that was played on midnight snacks, which is pleasing as I enjoyed that material more than Scintilli. Liverpool St., one of my favorite unreleased gems by them from recent years is on there. I wonder if those beautiful chords that show up at around 4:30 from the midnight snacks mix will find their way into the album.

Now if they could only do something more with that work they did for the STRATA compilation. A proper song utilizing those string and choir pads would be a godsend.

• 2 weeks later...

I might get a chance to listen to the album pre release. A friend will most likely get a hold of a press copy. Obviously nothing will be leaked, but I might be able to tell you some stuff about it. Can't guarantee that though, depends on the contract I guess - I'm not sure whether there is such a thing as a secrecy condition in a press contract, and I don't want to cause any trouble for him. Does anyone know? I'll report back when I know more.

It's only 9 tracks so I hope they're long/lots to love about each track and stuff.

Edit: Also on bleep it says vinyl/cd order comes with mp3, so it wont come with 24bit wav? I would have to order that separately? ew

Not long. Only 40 minutes.. =(

Quality over quantity Step heng

Also Plaid have form. P-Brane EP is 20 mins of liquidmusicsex. Imagine that but twice as long.

I await this with fervent desire and a fire in my loins I have not felt in a decade

Quality over quantity Step heng

Also Plaid have form. P-Brane EP is 20 mins of liquidmusicsex. Imagine that but twice as long.

I await this with fervent desire and a fire in my loins I have not felt in a decade

I want BOTH :crazy::crazy::crazy:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived