IGNORED

Plaid: Announcing a new album 'Reachy Prints', listen to 'Hawkmoth' ahead of release in May

Joyrex

Guest totemcrackerjack

I'm really glad they decided to release 40 minutes of filler-free music. Makes for a more cohesive album. There's not a track on here I'm not digging.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest totemcrackerjack

How dare you mock us with your ability to obtain music before everybody else you worm.

heh, It'll be well worth the wait.

I'm getting good vibes from what i have heard. Thether is old fashioned plaid awesomeness as well, imo.

This is gonna be good!

Interesting how Ed reports that someone at Warp views the label as a kind of filter: someone on here was recently giving the same analogy. It's a picture of the function of record labels that I've found intuitive (long before that discussion here), so it's not too surprising that they would mention that.

anyone know if there's an exclusive track on the japan release?

Yes, yes there is: http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/artist_Plaid_000000000053390/item_Reachy-Prints-Digi_5724174

01. OH

02. Hawkmoth

03. Nafovanny

04. Slam

05. Wallet

06. Matin Lunaire

07. Tether

08. Ropen

09. Liverpool St

10. Away (Bonus Track For Japan)

Umm when I go on my music downloads on bleep, the whole albums available for download but it doesnt really work... D:

Don't even see the previews...

It's not the whole album, Only the two tracks already released.

There are no previews yet. Too early.

Guest Budoc

Umm when I go on my music downloads on bleep, the whole albums available for download but it doesnt really work... D:

Don't even see the previews...

It's not the whole album, Only the two tracks already released.

There are no previews yet. Too early.

There were briefly previews on Bleep for all of the tracks. I did try the download link, but it didn't work at the time. Interestingly, the track numbers in the filenames in the new download have been updated to reflect their positions on the album.

Absolutely love it. This might be the most ambient Plaid album yet...none of those dark moments that would rear up during those joyful stretches in previous albums.

Sounds like a companion piece to Lone's Galaxy Garden or Spanners.

Guest transmisiones ferox

http://www.clashmusic.com/reviews/plaid-reachy-prints

Plaid deliver a sense of the supernatural. They almost haemorrhage their magic in front of us, and on this 10th album the duo’s melodic bursts leave almost visible trails in the air.

Their conspiratorial tones on ‘Wallet’ hint at an organic and introspective dimension we aren’t yet meant to glimpse. ‘Slam’ suggests pictures of mechanised floral stamen dancing, while the shattered burble and truculent melodies on ‘Nafovanny’ infer tiny elfish marimba players drunk on codeine cough syrup. It’s all very vivid.

Comfortable in their 20-year career, Andy Turner and Ed Handley have their controls set to ‘cerebral’ and no one cares to intervene. ‘Reachy Prints’ is yet another artful and aerial treasure.

8/10

That's sound promising, actually I was having a bliss walking down the street, with my headphones on listening to Hawkmoth

Anyone else think this was rendered real time (from the official Plaid youtube channel) -

I notice that around 2:45 when the half-tone dots get real small and end up looking like static that the frame rate of the thing really drops.

EDIT: I'm guessing so, I'm running the site on my ~£4k work machine and the frame rate is completely smooth. Seems surprising they'd render it on a slow machine

Archived