IGNORED

Farben - Farben presents James Din A4

Redruth

IMLzAhb.jpg

"Faitiche is very pleased to present a new album (faitiche12) and, at the same time, a well-known name: Farben presents James DIN A4. In the summer of 2013 Farben (Jan Jelinek) remixed his way through the extensive oeuvre of the sample and collage artist James DIN A4 (Dennis Busch) - and gathered ten of his favorite titles here"

faitiche http://www.faitiche.de

listen http://www.deejay.de/m_All/play/__145701

samples sounds like that good ol jan jelinek sound.

yum yum yum

It's because James Din A4 is working in the same vein as old Jelinek just with different aesthetics of sound, typically it's clean.

• 4 weeks later...

Just an observation. The rhodes samples in "Heimkehr Der Vulgaren" are from the Limelite ensemble in Reaktor. I am prettttyyyy sure. Just caught my ear and I thought it was cool we use some of the same software.

Just an observation. The rhodes samples in "Heimkehr Der Vulgaren" are from the Limelite ensemble in Reaktor. I am prettttyyyy sure. Just caught my ear and I thought it was cool we use some of the same software.

These are James Din A4 samples modified by Jelinek, and i'm sure James wasn't using Reaktor, he's an old school collage artist who's all about pitch-shifted rhodes. If you mean certain tone, then maybe it's the result of Jan using Reaktor on source material.

You may be right, rhodes have a pretty universal sound. But this was enough to catch my ear. Probably my wishing... Whether it is true or not, this is a dope release!

Archived