Sign in to follow this  
Nebraska

Wu-Tang Clan - Once Upon a time in Shaolin

image.jpg

In July, Wu-Tang Clan will release a new album, A Better Tomorrow, which coincides with the 20th anniversary of the group's debut. But Forbes reports that they're also set to release another LP, Once Upon a Time in Shaolin, with a caveat: They're just making one copy of the double album, which was recorded in secret over the last few years.

The album, which features the group's original members, will be housed inside an engraved silver-and-nickel box created by British-Moroccan artist Yahya. According to RZA and producer Tarik "Cilvaringz" Azzougarh, the plan is to tour it through museums, galleries and festivals, where visitors will be charged a price to listen to the 128-minute, 31 song album on headphones provided by the venue. (Rigorous security checks will discourage the possibility of any illegal recording.)

"We’re about to put out a piece of art like nobody else has done in the history of [modern] music," RZA said in an interview with Forbes. "We’re making a single-sale collector’s item. This is like somebody having the scepter of an Egyptian king." After the tour is over, the group will make the album available for purchase for a price "in the millions."
Edited by Nebraska

If it included General MIDI i will spit in their face.

nothing will compare to their debut and the debut solo albums after that.

I'd wish they were being this exclusive about their use of samples of glass breaking in their live show (every other minute there was that sample, f'in annoying as hell).

image.jpg

In July, Wu-Tang Clan will release a new album, A Better Tomorrow, which coincides with the 20th anniversary of the group's debut. But Forbes reports that they're also set to release another LP, Once Upon a Time in Shaolin, with a caveat: They're just making one copy of the double album, which was recorded in secret over the last few years.

The album, which features the group's original members, will be housed inside an engraved silver-and-nickel box created by British-Moroccan artist Yahya. According to RZA and producer Tarik "Cilvaringz" Azzougarh, the plan is to tour it through museums, galleries and festivals, where visitors will be charged a price to listen to the 128-minute, 31 song album on headphones provided by the venue. (Rigorous security checks will discourage the possibility of any illegal recording.)

"We’re about to put out a piece of art like nobody else has done in the history of [modern] music," RZA said in an interview with Forbes. "We’re making a single-sale collector’s item. This is like somebody having the scepter of an Egyptian king." After the tour is over, the group will make the album available for purchase for a price "in the millions."

whatever.gif

curious idea - shame they didn't do it fifteen or twenty years ago

nothing will compare to their debut and the debut solo albums after that.

wu-tang is for the extremely rich children

who diversify their bonds, nukka.

ngtDyHA.png

Guest M360

Wu-Tang Forever!

(actually just every now and then rly)

It's produced by Cilvaringz, a guy who I only vaguely recognise for appearing as a producer on a handful of forgettable Wu solo tracks. So I don't think we're going to be missing much. A quick swoop of his wiki suggests that Barcelona's Eric Abidal is going to be rapping on the record as well.

"We’re about to put out a piece of art like nobody else has done in the history of [modern] music," RZA said in an interview with Forbes. "We’re making a single-sale collector’s item.

31 years late guys http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_for_Supermarkets

I will laugh when this gets leaked, then I will listen to it

fuck yeah Wu Tang and all, but yeah,

I will laugh when this gets leaked

It's like they took an old school Flaming Lips concept and made it annoying and snooty.

There is a definitely a middle aged, white hip-hop nerd out there who will pay any price asked.

But all that aside, I bet it's a decent record.

btw: are you guys aware that rza invented serato?

http://youtu.be/TXsYXMqw4Zc

"When you get a patent, you gotta patent in over 1000 countries."

Over 1000 countries.

When do we get ODBs undead zombie album, you can't kill that ninja.

years ago artists bit heads off doves and bats to get publicity (and that was far more interesting)

Edited by beerwolf

As my friend said, it's reasons like this that everyone is Wu Tang now hates RZA.