IGNORED

Wu-Tang Clan - Once Upon a time in Shaolin

Nebraska

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The album, which features the group's original members, will be housed inside an engraved silver-and-nickel box created by British-Moroccan artist Yahya. According to RZA and producer Tarik "Cilvaringz" Azzougarh, the plan is to tour it through museums, galleries and festivals, where visitors will be charged a price to listen to the 128-minute, 31 song album on headphones provided by the venue. (Rigorous security checks will discourage the possibility of any illegal recording.)

Wu Tang Clan need to pull their heads out of their arses.

Edited by Klopjob

• 3 months later...

The album, which features the group's original members, will be housed inside an engraved silver-and-nickel box created by British-Moroccan artist Yahya. According to RZA and producer Tarik "Cilvaringz" Azzougarh, the plan is to tour it through museums, galleries and festivals, where visitors will be charged a price to listen to the 128-minute, 31 song album on headphones provided by the venue. (Rigorous security checks will discourage the possibility of any illegal recording.)

Wu Tang Clan need to pull their heads out of their arses.

Did they do cavity searches for this thing? If they want to test how dedicated their fans are...

I'm all for bootlegging this thing. It's a pompous idea that misses the fucking point.

• 4 weeks later...

fuck not very fly tunes (soz and no offence, but i can't demo tracks on that) warner germany has the whole scedadle.

http://youtu.be/szrD1cxqvUg

If you leave on annotations you can select tracks, that's a good idea.

/leaves thread before he disses the album, for crimes of mediocre laemination

fuck not very fly tunes

/leaves thread before he disses the album, for crimes of mediocre laemination

nah you're right. personally i think this is (was) terrible. i couldn't even finish it. first 4 or so tracks are just them asking you if you concur that they were once great, then them reiterating that they still are. ooookay

but then it got to 'miracle' and i was like "i can't take it". just to make sure i wasn't judging it too quick i skipped to 'preacher's daughter' and deleted it without reservation. not even one song bumped on this record

happy thanksgiving turkeys

1. Posting in a wu-tang thread

2. Best/lolest* use of a classic wu-tang quotable (listen for it!) and actually a pretty bumping tune, but then I already know and love PUTS so here:

*In that it makes no sense, yet does

Edited by Bob Dobalina

• 3 months later...

once upon a time in shaolin will be available publicly after 88 years

“After 88 years the copyright, which includes public and commercial rights, automatically transfers to the owner of the work. However, it will still be his or her choice at that [point] to release it or not release it.”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/zackomalleygreenburg/2015/03/02/wu-tang-clan-set-to-release-secret-album-in-88-years-give-or-take/

North Korean hackers - we're sorry about that whole Seth Rogen thing. That was our bad. But really, we need you now more than ever. The world needs millions of shitty black market CD-R's floating around of The Wuteng Clan's "One Atop Times Of Shao Len'. Do it for the good of the planet. Remember, if RZA loses, Kim Jon-Un wins.

Edited by NI64

What if the owner just leaked it now?

supposedly this is one of the things the owner is supposed to agree on, considering the copyright will be retained until 2103, and since they'd be one owner, it would be pretty easy to file a lawsuit against him/her. but do you honestly think someone would leak an album they spent +5 million on?

the 15 second sample they "previewed" sounded pretty bad to me, and after their last album, i really cannot imagine this being any better. also, cilvaringz is a very dated producer

gop can't help (unless they can physically get the 1 copy because the digital files have *cough* deleted) but anonymous is legion

The Shaolin album isn't really a true Wu-Tang album, it's more of an RZA and Cilvaringz album feat. members of the Wu... Both Method Man and Ghostface have recently said they don't like how the album turned out, and didn't really even want to do it or ABT. Also, Shaolin reportedly has a bunch of tracks featuring Cher (yes that Cher!) It really doesn't sound like it'd be that great even if we did hear it.

What if the owner just leaked it now?

supporting the US funded syrian rebels to overthrow hostile regimes to the US seems to be more their speed these days. #OpISIS bro, lets do this seriously

mw4RGie.png

Edited by John Ehrlichman

• 8 months later...

Greedy pharma cunt Shkreli buys the album for $2million. Deal also has a funny stipulation (if it's true).

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/that-wu-tang-clan-martin-shkreli-2m-album-deal-has-an-amazing-caveat-a6767546.html

so that yesterday, hilarious troll job

welp, he wasted his money. method man in an interview stated that the whole thing was recorded under shady conditions and even most of the members of the clan didn't fully understand the "88 year clause" in the contract. also, the song sounded like shit (at least the excerpt i heard)

It probably isn't that great anyways given all the info about the recording process of it, but at least the clause says they or Bill Murray can steal it back nullifying the original purchase. I wonder if there's a loophole in it just being any Bill Murray and not THE Bill Murray?