IGNORED

Future Islands (did Irony officially break?)

sheatheman

Yeah, I checked out their latest album yesterday and was impressed. Definitely gonna check out their back catalogue.

Glad I'm not the only one! Tin man is my favorite, I think....

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Future-Islands-gif.gif

<3

I really wanna see what this looks like stabilized to the dude's face, but I don't feel like doing that now... Someone... stabilize the video to his head... UL to YT... birrion hitz.....

• 2 weeks later...

This guy sort of sounds like if you hybridized gene ween and jack black using the world's least funny kyma rig

lol! that's actually pretty accurate man. I like future islands though... =(

The Letterman performance was a bit off-putting (just unusual, as I suppose I'm used to seeing dudes stand motionless behind a mixer/laptop for several hours in the dark), but I listened to a bunch of their tunes last night, absolutely great band.

Thanks for the intro watmm!

Maybe someday I will grow to embrace the singer's epic grotesqueness, but in the meantime I will remain grossed-out, embarassed, and depressed that this band has been on Thrill Jockey and 4AD while much better bands remain hunched in obscurity for lack of PR backing.

*sigh*

Future-Islands-gif.gif

<3

I really wanna see what this looks like stabilized to the dude's face, but I don't feel like doing that now... Someone... stabilize the video to his head... UL to YT... birrion hitz.....

In several shows, he wears a knee brace and he talked about ACL surgery in 2010 during an Amoeba in-store. There's a hefty fuckin fee associated with hybridizing Ian Curtis and Jessie Spano's moves

lol I'm not sure I see any Ian in there. more spycrabbin' than epilepsy.

tumblr_inline_musezjzoXK1rwynzk.gif

Maybe someday I will grow to embrace the singer's epic grotesqueness, but in the meantime I will remain grossed-out, embarassed, and depressed that this band has been on Thrill Jockey and 4AD while much better bands remain hunched in obscurity for lack of PR backing.

*sigh*

Can you give me some examples of vocalists with better vocal range and breath control?

I don't know anything about this "genre" but I think the frontman is extremely talented...Even if he can't dance.

*sigh*

Can you give me some examples of vocalists with better vocal range and breath control?

I don't know anything about this "genre" but I think the frontman is extremely talented...Even if he can't dance.

Since when do we listen to bands because the singer has good breath control?

I mean, yes breath control contributes to good pitch and tone but I mean don't even...

I dunno. To me he's like a mentally-retarded Morrissey sponsored by Mike's Hard Lemonade.

*sigh*

I mean, yes breath control contributes to good pitch and tone but I mean don't even...

I dunno. To me he's like a mentally-retarded Morrissey sponsored by Mike's Hard Lemonade.

Since Tupac and Biggie, is when I've looked at breath control?

Not sure why the insults. I'm just asking for some music recommendations in this genre where there are apparently "much better bands".

And calling him mentally retarded...? seriously..

breath control is so lush

so, so lush.

Lusher than the amazon rainforest.

Lusher than Breyers double cream vanilla icecream.

Lusher than Jennifer Aniston's pussy.

*sigh*

Not sure why the insults. I'm just asking for some music recommendations in this genre where there are apparently "much better bands".

I can think of 4 or 5 bands in my town, and 4 or 5 people on this forum that are more deserving than this band. But that's just me.

I'm not saying this band is the worst band of all time. To me they are just symbols of how backwards things are imo ymmv.

we're talking about consensual choking during sex, right?

1 tap for harder, 2 taps for I'm actually choking

*sigh*

I can think of 4 or 5 bands in my town, and 4 or 5 people on this forum that are more deserving than this band. But that's just me.

I'm not saying this band is the worst band of all time. To me they are just symbols of how backwards things are imo ymmv.

Dude, we all have our own taste in music. But the vocalist is quite talented and I'm not sure how you can deny that.

Also, calling him mentally retarded is a huge stretch lol. Any chance you can link me to some music to some of the bands in your town or people on this forum in the same genre, that are more deserving? After all, I'd love to hear more in this line of music, especially since there are so many artists above and beyond Future Islands.

Archived