Future Islands (did Irony officially break?)

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really loved Singles and their early albums; love their live shows as well, but fuck man, something has to change. The Far Field was such a disappointment for me as it was essentially the same album as Singles. I can't see them riding on the same schtick for too much longer.

Yeah, agreed. They need to make a metal album or something.

I was just trying to remember the name of this band in a conversation the other day, I had no idea they still existed.

I can see how they'd be a good live band, though.

Edited by RSP

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Soloman Tump
      Hello watmm.

I have been toiling away with making my own zine, based on electronic musical things. I was looking for zines that talked about techno / idm / noisy musical bollocks but didnt find any, so I decided to start one.

I am fairly happy with how issue 1 has turned out and I have had some positive feedback thus far, but I want to get more copies out to my target audience.... probably you lot.

So the first bunch of people to send me their address will get a copy, regardless of worldwide location yo! PM please and I promise not to share your address with anyone (yada yada data privacy etc...)

Brief synopsis:-

If you are at all interest in my project, I would consider submissions for Issue 2 (to be printed circa October 2016), especially artwork (which is my weak point) but anything else too.
    • By Andon Hristov Seldt
      https://soundcloud.com/andonhristovseldt/pif-5
      Made this with no intention at all, turned out fun to work on.
      Blips and Blops 
    • By glomewav
      I think making a singular thread to share my music is more tidy and less intrusive.
      Here's a couple new tracks I'm somewhat proud of:

• By janghee
      Hello music lovers.
      Does anyone know a 2:14:00 song in this mix? I have been looking for this for quite some time.

I wish you all well in this strange corona era.
      thank u
    • By willochill
      I feel like an idiot but I can't get the Bandcamp Player Embed to work. Basically I go to the bandcamp track/album, go to "embed", choose layout, choose "wordpress" (not html), and copy and paste the shortcode into the "Bandcamp Player Embed." However, it always comes up with a 400 error code, as seen below. (Or maybe you don't see it!) What am I doing wrong?