IGNORED

g60h p5-20mh g2h2.to-n

Guest Martyrs Monument

I think the whole thing's a laugh at our expense - be honest, if you were BoC and you read the posts on here, would you consider inviting anyone?

I'd be too concerned that someone would get twatted and do something really uncool, like drink too much cider, hassle BoC for autographs, trip over and fall in the campfire, shit their pants and get caught trying to clean it up with a dock leaf, die of hypothermia after everyone's gone home, I could go on...

Oh, don't let us stop you.

If it's a laugh at our expense then it's not particularly funny. I mean, why don't they actually announce a secret live gig and then not turn up? Wouldn't that be even funnier? Why even put a date and a red moon on the page when they could just have the code and really let our imaginations run free. That would be side splitting.

I know I'm coming across as grumpy but if it's a joke then it's on a par with offering someone a crisp (potato chip in some parts) and then withdrawing the packet just as they reach out to take one.

Crisp withdrawal? Mate that's cold. I was just kidding around but you've taken it too far! You're right though, I don't think it is a prank really. But does anyone honestly know anything true about this event?

Crisp withdrawal? Mate that's cold. I was just kidding around but you've taken it too far! You're right though, I don't think it is a prank really. But does anyone honestly know anything true about this event?

lol

who cares really. if any of you figure it out and go. report back. otherwise, meh.

Guest killyou and shit
I think the whole thing's a laugh at our expense - be honest, if you were BoC and you read the posts on here, would you consider inviting anyone?

thats exactly how i feel. i wouldn't want watmm weirdos showing up in some part of the forest thinking they'd see my group actually play; i would have made a site like the one in question to fuel silly threads like this one.

If it's a laugh at our expense then it's not particularly funny. I mean, why don't they actually announce a secret live gig and then not turn up? Wouldn't that be even funnier?

no, that would be boards of canada as a bunch of cunts who actually want to build up serious hope for a live show resulting in money wasted on plane tickets and other total nonsense. they don't seem like cunts, they like to fuck around with fans. or put up pages that fans get all up in arms about, more specifically.

Why even put a date and a red moon on the page when they could just have the code and really let our imaginations run free. That would be side splitting.

because its an awesome photograph.

going back to geogaddi's release, boc fans went apeshit over "subliminal messages" (i.e. vocal samples) in the songs. since the campfire headphase didn't feature this trademark vocals shit, its understandable that they'd try and rile up fans a bit with something like this page. i still don't understand why fans do this kind of shit. music is for listening, not necessarily hypothesizing and theorizing and geeking

Guest Archrival

Never understood the geogaddi secret messages hype...its all about the music and the art.

TCH is the best BOC album so far imo and I dont care about the reverse satanic samples, that phase is over (atleast I hope it is, that was geogaddi)..now lets move on to discover new areas when it comes to BOC music, im looking forward to the TCH EP, heard its short but sweet indeed, cant wait :) .

and sorry to say this to all the fanatics but I think this redmoon thing is just a good old joke from the boc brothers :grin:

Never understood the geogaddi secret messages hype...its all about the music and the art.

TCH is the best BOC album so far imo and I dont care about the reverse satanic samples, that phase is over (atleast I hope it is, that was geogaddi)..now lets move on to discover new areas when it comes to BOC music, im looking forward to the TCH EP, heard its short but sweet indeed, cant wait :) .

and sorry to say this to all the fanatics but I think this redmoon thing is just a good old joke from the boc brothers :grin:

Somebody better damn go.

to the redmoonparty that doesnt excist?

yes. I hear BoC won't be there, but there'll be a greasy-haired hippie handing out exclusive BoC stickers!

Guest Archrival

yes. I hear BoC won't be there, but there'll be a greasy-haired hippie handing out exclusive BoC stickers!

hey, sounds nice to me, I bet that hippie is polite and friendly, but its not worth the effort going that faaar for some stickers I reckon :zorro: ..do that mysterious hippie hand out uncontrolled substances too? :santa:

Guest BunnyRabbit

thats exactly how i feel. i wouldn't want watmm weirdos showing up in some part of the forest thinking they'd see my group actually play; i would have made a site like the one in question to fuel silly threads like this one.

If it's a laugh at our expense then it's not particularly funny. I mean, why don't they actually announce a secret live gig and then not turn up? Wouldn't that be even funnier?

no, that would be boards of canada as a bunch of cunts who actually want to build up serious hope for a live show resulting in money wasted on plane tickets and other total nonsense. they don't seem like cunts, they like to fuck around with fans. or put up pages that fans get all up in arms about, more specifically.

Why even put a date and a red moon on the page when they could just have the code and really let our imaginations run free. That would be side splitting.

because its an awesome photograph.

going back to geogaddi's release, boc fans went apeshit over "subliminal messages" (i.e. vocal samples) in the songs. since the campfire headphase didn't feature this trademark vocals shit, its understandable that they'd try and rile up fans a bit with something like this page. i still don't understand why fans do this kind of shit. music is for listening, not necessarily hypothesizing and theorizing and geeking

Well, it's quite a nice photo but it doesn't add up when you take the date into consideration as well. We've all got our own ideas and mine are that BOC aren't just stimulating debate for no other reason than to laugh at fans. That's just seems like a depressing and pathetic stunt.

The stuff on Geogaddi was in context. The whole feel and thought behind the album suited hidden messages etc. There was not hint that there was anything substantial to find. It was layering the paranoia and mystery. This code thing has been left for fans to find and is to my mind a challenge. It invites analysis. It's a riddle. I think having seen fans go to town on Geogaddi they are saying "if they like doing this kind of thing let's really give them something to think about". I thnk you'd agree with that but where we diverge is that I think they must be some kind of reward for decoding it.

Maybe one day we'll find out what's what and those who were right can take the honours whilst the other side will have to admit they were wrong. Untill then...

Guest killyou and shit

i don't really think its a riddle though, because although the album was a better forum (WATMM MASSIF) for subliminal messages, i still don't see any of the samples forming a cohesive whole. doesn't seem as if any aspect of the album referring wholly to anything specific, and some of the audio was simply taken from older recordings and whatnot.

i do agree that they like this kind of musical play with those who listen, but i think its only really emphasized by the fact that people read into it so deeply, some thinking they're satanists (taking it a bit far in one direction, even though they'd spoke against all that in interviews). i think that taking a good, dense album like that as a riddle instead of with a grain of salt is the wrong way of going around it, imo.

but then again, i, like everybody else don't have nearly enough information to do anything other than speculate.

making a site i still don't see as having any importance. i wouldn't mind taking the wrong side in saying they're taking the piss, as it'd be understandable that countless analytical threads on sites like this would sprout up as a result. otherwise boards of canada's only current connection to fans is through their new ep, so to me it makes sense that'd they'd throw a site like this up.

but then again, i'm not the obsessive/"decoding" type unless it's a little more cohesive and recognizable as something to really figure out, rather than a band many believe to bring forth a nutty cavalcade of speech samples reversed. i still just see boards of canada as a group who enjoy the ideas behind subliminal messages, as they like the ideas behind religion, david koresh, etc.

Guest BunnyRabbit
is anyone trying at all to figure this thing out or is this just another pissing match

I tried a few basic cryptographic techniques to see if one set of words had been used to encipher another set. But no luck. Beyond that there doesn't seem to be much to go on. I was hoping for another bit of clue, maybe on the DVD or something....

Guest felttipen

i would definitely go if i lived in scotland. unfortunately i live in the south east of england, so fuck it.

BoC never struck me as the sort to blatantly rip the piss out of fans, I'm sure there must be something behind it. It's just unfortunate that I can't be arsed to work out what.

Guest BunnyRabbit
BoC never struck me as the sort to blatantly rip the piss out of fans, I'm sure there must be something behind it. It's just unfortunate that I can't be arsed to work out what.

So, you're saying you could decode it if you could be bothered but we have the misfortune to be denied your services?

Or are you just saying it's shame BOC even bothered as it's a waste of time?

• 7 years later...

Archived