IGNORED

Would You Pay For A Digital Rip of The Unreleased Caustic Window LP

Joyrex

Crowdfunding Aphex Twin  

289 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Be Willing To Pay Up To 25.00USD For A Digital Rip of The Unreleased Caustic Window LP?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but not 25.00

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jasondonervan

I wonder if Joyrex could start a poll on here and pass the usernames of people who voted yes to kickstarter, thus reserving their place???

That's a good idea, actually... again, how to stop random peeps from contributing on Kickstarter though...

How about taking a set number of places away from the Kickstarter (50? 100? Or however many voted 'yes'), then have a separate route just for interested watmm folks to pay up?

Edit: also, lol at the sudden upspike in 'yes' votes :watmm:

Was skeptical at first, but now that its legit I'm all in. Would be ridiculous if somehow someone from WATMM didn't make the first 600..

Wonder if Sean and Rob know about this, I would think Autechre would want to hear Caustic Window as well!

I wonder if Joyrex could start a poll on here and pass the usernames of people who voted yes to kickstarter, thus reserving their place???

That's a good idea, actually... again, how to stop random peeps from contributing on Kickstarter though...

How about taking a set number of places away from the Kickstarter (50? 100? Or however many voted 'yes'), then have a separate route just for interested watmm folks to pay up?

Edit: also, lol at the sudden upspike in 'yes' votes :watmm:

you so smart Jason =)

that's a great idea

I suppose we could just provide email address for notification when this thing goes live rather than refreshing this thread to oblivion. It's not as optimal as placeholders, but I'm having a hard time thinking about how to 'reserve' spots in a kickstarter. It seems to go contrary to what a kickstarter is in the first place.

It would also give you a better idea on numbers now it's coming in cheaper than expected.

I suppose we could just provide email address for notification when this thing goes live rather than refreshing this thread to oblivion. It's not as optimal as placeholders, but I'm having a hard time thinking about how to 'reserve' spots in a kickstarter. It seems to go contrary to what a kickstarter is in the first place.

how so?

this was all JR's idea to begin with and he wants to make sure his loyal watmmers don't get left out. That's pretty damn cool of him if you ask me!

I think it's commendable

Was skeptical at first, but now that its legit I'm all in. Would be ridiculous if somehow someone from WATMM didn't make the first 600..

Wonder if Sean and Rob know about this, I would think Autechre would want to hear Caustic Window as well!

i'm pretty sure they don't give a shit about that caustic window album and want a new aphex twin

Bad phrasing on my part. Not like contrary to the intention of a kickstarter, but contrary to how their business model works. Typically a kickstarter is to build hype, whereas here we're worried that there won't be enough to go around before the kickstarter has launched. Hopefully that made more sense.

Bad phrasing on my part. Not like contrary to the intention of a kickstarter, but contrary to how their business model works. Typically a kickstarter is to build hype, whereas here we're worried that there won't be enough to go around before the kickstarter has launched. Hopefully that made more sense.

Ah I see. That makes a lot more sense. You're right too. I think this is going to get a lot of attention on music magazines/blogs etc. Just hype for the new album to come out this year (hopefully)/

If you can give partial refunds, maybe you could just edit the total number of ppl needed and price to get to your goal

i'm pretty sure they don't give a shit about that caustic window album and want a new aphex twin

they're record collectors and have a good sense of music history, they might give a shit. doesn't matter anyway, just speculation on my part

they're record collectors and have a good sense of music history, they might give a shit. doesn't matter anyway, just speculation on my part

i think it's all a joke and afx will release a new album, not this lp

i think it's all a joke and afx will release a new album, not this lp

I'm having a hard time seeing this as a joke, but am more than happy to get a new album as a 'consolation' prize.

I really, REALLY don't want to miss this, but might if I'm busy at work all day when it goes live. Couldn't the Kickstarter be unlimited for a set time period (24 hours, 3 days, 1 week), with the excess funds going to the things that selling the Vinyl afterwords was going to cover (Richard, charity, etc.) ?

why dont we just make it unlimited and send all the money to grant and say were donating towards more output from rephlex - new website new artists new afx

i'm gonna miss it i know

GoodGrief-703274.gif

don't own a credit card/ paypal,

why max the people paying if the money is going to rdj and charity ??

you guys this is total fucking bullshit!!!

15$$ for 500people onlyyyyyy, gtfo?????

even kanye west would give it for free 2 his fans!!

i'm telling ya there will be a new album

this cxwx will be a free mixtape, yo

Archived