IGNORED

Would You Pay For A Digital Rip of The Unreleased Caustic Window LP

Joyrex

Crowdfunding Aphex Twin  

289 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Be Willing To Pay Up To 25.00USD For A Digital Rip of The Unreleased Caustic Window LP?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but not 25.00

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jasondonervan

Joyrex, thanks for doing all the heavy lifting regarding this. Pretty crazy to see WATMM get this much attention, but then again, RDJ is one of the most important musicians of the last 30 years

ha. from billboard:

"(UPDATE: The disc has actually been up on Discogs for five years, as shown by comments dating back to 2009.)"

they don't understand discogs

changed my vote for the 3rd time 2 YES

FUCK YES I AM EXAITE, OLD NEW FAPHEX!!!

I don't get it, yesterday you were all negative nancy about a 20 year old record that probably wasn't any good, and comparing afx with someone like Kanye West or Lil Wayne, and now you're suddenly all for it? Had a bad trip :beer: ?

Anyway, glad you changed your mind.

I don't get it, yesterday you were all negative nancy about a 20 year old record that probably wasn't any good, and comparing afx with someone like Kanye West or Lil Wayne, and now you're suddenly all for it? Had a bad trip :beer: ?

yes i am still a bit piss that things have to go this far to hear this album, why can't he just put some older tracks up for us to enjoy for free? also i can't download the newest replex releases i'm willing to pay for but this is cool? :sad:

in the end i'm still a fan who joined this forum cause of his music that i love to death, 15$ and charity is a great deal

still kanye west gave us Yeezus and we get spastic widow :cerious: , come on james where's that new album??

yes i am still a bit piss that things have to go this far to hear this album, why can't he just put some older tracks up for us to enjoy for free? also i can't download the newest replex releases i'm willing to pay for but this is cool? :sad:

in the end i'm still a fan who joined this forum cause of his music that i love to death, 15$ and charity is a great deal

still kanye west gave us Yeezus and we get spastic widow :cerious: , come on james where's that new album??

patience buddy.

"soon"

i started out sceptical, then went to denial, but must admit i am now pretty bloody excited. thanks to joyrex for sorting this out!

I don't really get exactly why they agreed nicely to do this. This can only mean they need the money? Maybe they will invest it on the label and get us all the stuff that has been on queue for a while? does this mean newer Monolith, new EOD, Steinvord digital release, new AFX on rephlex, more website updates..? or will they keep doing it wrong stagnating everyone's career that they sign?

The Discogs listing said "a chance to share the music...." which is exactly what this is.

Yeah, and what need do Rephlex/Richard have to want money off this 20+ year old record unless they really need it?

All im saying is, if a portion of the money goes to the label, will they put it to good use? Because everyone they've signed has barely released anything, thanks to the label not being active. What im wondering is if this will speed up things and get things done. Meanwhile the website hasn't been updated in years, a Steinvord release was announced by Grant 2 years ago and still waiting for any new Monolith. No news whatsoever on anything. I just get the feeling they stagnate people's careers (specially newcomers) because they are so incredibly slow to get things done and obscure in terms of promoting what they release. If it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't even know EOD had a Rephlex release.

i'm still hoping afx will be like:

haha, it was a joke to promote the release of my new albums you guys, they are finally marrinated

here download the lp for free!

the hype is 2 big

It's people like EOD that should be picking up the grammys not the seat warmers in sequin and bakalite tuffies in terry towel that walk up for the gongs every year. It's a shame really. I hope that they would somewhat promote their stable of ace blokes a little more than they do.

i'm still hoping afx will be like:

haha, it was a joke to promote the release of my new albums you guys, they are finally marrinated

here download the lp for free!

the hype is 2 big

rich be marinating people for brand new afx :)

It's people like EOD that should be picking up the grammys not the seat warmers in sequin and bakalite tuffies in terry towel that walk up for the gongs every year. It's a shame really. I hope that they would somewhat promote their stable of ace blokes a little more than they do.

fuck the grammys.

people want shit music let the media provide it for them.

if people want EOD, then the media will have to provide EOD.

personally, I like it how it is.

fuck the grammys.

yeah great, the people don't know what an EOD is because you need a huge marketing budget to tell them. You can't rely on the music press to know anything or be a discerning disseminator, as they have so ably demonstrated with the worth of the bulk of the content in their stories attached to this CW whirlwind. So you have an unconnected listening market, in this ironically (or is that purportedly) highly connected world. Doesn't, after a while, this get you down a little, make you hope a little, for a topsy turvy alternation of the status quo? Don't you want the little guy to win once in a while?

Sure the grammys are nothing more than a gift fest to mark the annual marketing achievements of the vampire squid. They are worthless and do not in anyway mark achievement in the fields in which they give away prizes. I agree that none of that crap matters, even if you just consider it on a philosophical level as a grading scale for people's clarity in focus tapping the movement emanating from ley lines around the infinity tree.

But wouldn't it be nice for once, after all these years, occasionally pure art and society align, wouldn't it be nice if it happened again soon.

nwae, no offence, you know i mean and i know what you mean.

fuck the grammys.

yeah great, the people don't know what an EOD is because you need a huge marketing budget to tell them. You can't rely on the music press to know anything or be a discerning disseminator, as they have so ably demonstrated with the worth of the bulk of the content in their stories attached to this CW whirlwind. So you have an unconnected listening market, in this ironically (or is that purportedly) highly connected world. Doesn't, after a while, this get you down a little, make you hope a little, for a topsy turvy alternation of the status quo? Don't you want the little guy to win once in a while?

Sure the grammys are nothing more than a gift fest to mark the annual marketing achievements of the vampire squid. They are worthless and do not in anyway mark achievement in the fields in which they give away prizes. I agree that none of that crap matters, even if you just consider it on a philosophical level as a grading scale for people's clarity in focus tapping the movement emanating from ley lines around the infinity tree.

But wouldn't it be nice for once, after all these years. Occasionally pure art and society align, wouldn't it be nice if it happened again soon.

nwae, no offence, you know i mean and i know what you mean.

man the space thing really fucks my head up, mainly now that I noticed it.

I agree, someday in the future maybe, many famous artists were never recognized during their lifetime.

then again... we do live in 2014, people's tastes in music are so diverse and the power the media has on most people is so strong that.... iunno.

guess i'm tired, sorry for rambly non-coherent posts.

Archived