IGNORED

Would You Pay For A Digital Rip of The Unreleased Caustic Window LP

Joyrex

Crowdfunding Aphex Twin  

289 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Be Willing To Pay Up To 25.00USD For A Digital Rip of The Unreleased Caustic Window LP?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but not 25.00

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

richard has nothing to do with it but the money will go to him?

Learn to read: I am proposing that the excess funds and proceeds from the Ebay auction of the record go to Richard as compensation for the fact that everyone contributing will get a digital rip of the album - this is to offset the fact that Richard is not making any money off the sale of this album otherwise, and most likely will end up ripped on the internet - again without a dime in royalties to Richard for the copyrighted work on the album.

Joyrex, if you can send money to afx, could you at least try to ask him first if he can put those audiofiles out for us for free???

i'd give 10$$, guess i'm not a kvlt fan

maybe this is the ultimate afx troll before he drops his 12 new albums iv been dreaming about

Joyrex, if you can send money to afx, could you at least try to ask him first if he can put those audiofiles out for us for free???

i'd give 10$$, guess i'm not a kvlt fan

maybe this is the ultimate afx troll before he drops his 12 new albums iv been dreaming about

I can't assume anything, but I imagine Richard would have done something like that by now if he didn't mind the tracks being out in the open - perhaps that's what the plan is - let the album get sold to some collector for an obscene amount of money, then put the tracks up for free on Rephlex for download for the "true fans".

Honestly I don't see anything happening either way. I'm hopeful our proposal will at least inspire them to consider offering older material in some manner. Not likely though.

Yeah it's ridiculous. If he wants money for his music he should release it himself. Charity - any charity - is much better IMO.

Learn to read: I am proposing that the excess funds and proceeds from the Ebay auction of the record go to Richard as compensation for the fact that everyone contributing will get a digital rip of the album - this is to offset the fact that Richard is not making any money off the sale of this album otherwise, and most likely will end up ripped on the internet - again without a dime in royalties to Richard for the copyrighted work on the album.

this is insane, so someone is going to make 13,000 for the record then we have to re-sell the record to some poor sod so we can pay Richard for his efforts?

Am i the only one who thinks this is completely insane

this is insane, so someone is going to make 13,000 for the record then we have to re-sell the record to a poor sod so we can pay Richard for his efforts?

No what he's saying is that if a kickstarter made MORE than the asking price (excess funds) then he would send it Richard's way..... =/

this is insane, so someone is going to make 13,000 for the record then we have to re-sell the record to some poor sod so we can pay Richard for his efforts?

So is making music on an AFX scale, promoting it and not sharing it lol

Can't we just donate money to RDJ directly? I bet the poor guy is starving.

Yeah everybody who wants to reward richard for making music and not releasing it should just do this.

Again, reading, learn to - excess funds would go to Richard (not that I'm expecting that much - who knows, might end up getting 25K or more), and sell the record on Ebay to bolster any meager excess from the purchase of the record to begin with. If we did get a lot of excess money from the fundraiser, we could sell the record and then split the sales among everyone who contributed (think of it as cash back for making it happen - if we ended up selling it near to what it cost to purchase, everyone might end up only paying a few dollars for the digital rip in the end).

We might want to tweak the forum rules at the part which reads - "DO NOT post links to music you do NOT own the copyright to."

Hang on, gotta change the batteries in my sarcasm detector...

Seriously - this is not going to happen unless we have Rephlex/Richard's OK to distribute the tracks after the sale - I'm not going to set myself up to get sued over 20 year old obscure electronic music tracks (or any tracks).

The idea of re-selling the record on Ebay to recoup some of the costs of buying it outright is not a bad idea, actually - if we could get even half what was spent for it, that would mean people would effectively be paying around 10-12USD for it...

Again, this is assuming we get permission to distribute - this goes no further until that is in place (and I reckon it won't be, so this is all speculation).

$13k doesn't seem like that much for something so rare.

unreleased live nirvana album tape that never got past the premix promo stage went for 2k. but then again early mix of vu's debut went for 25k. crazy stuff.

$13k doesn't seem like that much for something so rare.

unreleased live nirvana album tape that never got past the premix promo stage went for 2k. but then again early mix of vu's debut went for 25k. crazy stuff.

Yeah it's really just one of those things. Along the same lines... I've seen an original nintendo game sell for $100,000 USD so wtf. Really depends what the market will bare. How crazy are the fans?

To be honest if it was 6 months ago I would have actually bid on this vinyl (although more to the tune of $10,000).

the dude selling it is probably reading this like, "wow I'm actually about to get $13,500 bucks from these people"

if i could pick this album or a new track with die antwoord, i chooze zef

I'm surprised someone like FlyLo hasn't already bought this by now

ya I was just thinking that myself. Or some big shot celebrity that happens to be a fan.

I'm surprised someone like FlyLo hasn't already bought this by now

ya I was just thinking that myself. Or some big shot celebrity that happens to be a fan.

Like Madonna.

Archived