Sign in to follow this  
Joyrex

Would You Pay For A Digital Rip of The Unreleased Caustic Window LP

Crowdfunding Aphex Twin  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Be Willing To Pay Up To 25.00USD For A Digital Rip of The Unreleased Caustic Window LP?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but not 25.00

Has anyone messaged him about what sort of money he'd be willing to take?

Maybe he'd take $10K for all 3, I mean that is still A SHIT LOAD of money.

I'm surprised someone like FlyLo hasn't already bought this by now

ya I was just thinking that myself. Or some big shot celebrity that happens to be a fan.

Maybe Skrillex will buy it!

ya I was just thinking that myself. Or some big shot celebrity that happens to be a fan.

Like Madonna.

Is she a fan?

Please....

no... =(

To be honest if it was 6 months ago I would have actually bid on this vinyl (although more to the tune of $10,000).

lol

Like Madonna.

Is she a fan?

Please....

no... =(

why not, he probably has the equipment to make good quality rips, i dont understand what his music has anything to do with the person.

Edited by Deer

richard probably didn't put it out because it's wasn't that quite good enough

To be honest if it was 6 months ago I would have actually bid on this vinyl (although more to the tune of $10,000).

lol

Why is that funny? =S

why not, he probably has the equipment to make good quality rips, i dont understand what his music has anything to do with the person.

ya if he ripped it I suppose you're right. I just wish it would go to someone more deserving. I get the impression skrillorx always says he loves Aphex twin to give off the impression that he's "deep" or something. I want the record to go to a non-douche....

richard probably didn't put it out because it's wasn't that quite good enough

lol

Edited by StephenG

lol

Why is that funny? =S

ya if he ripped it I suppose you're right. I just wish it would go to someone more deserving. I get the impression skrillorx always says he loves Aphex twin to give off the impression that he's "deep" or something. I want the record to go to a non-douche....

where are you getting all of this from? these are all silly assumptions. He is a very nice guy by all accounts, his music is shit but i dont see how that allows you to make silly mean assumptions about the guy.

He's probably just a fan like you and i

you are just riding the popular opinion bandwagon to get imaginary internet points, its a dangerous game to play.

Edited by Deer

not paying a penny! whore raped, farcical situation!

i'm gonna pop some afx, only got 13500dollar in my pocket

lol

Why is that funny? =S

where are you getting all of this from? these are all silly assumptions. He is a very nice guy by all accounts, his music is shit but i dont see how that allows you to make silly mean assumptions about the guy.

you are just riding the popular opinion bandwagon to get imaginary internet points, its a dangerous game to play.

I think anyone that peddles really shitty music for lots of money and is still able to sleep at night is a bad guy, that's all. How is that jumping on any bandwagon?

Guy makes terrible music, sells it to people, gets rich. That is someone who is lacking integrity.

Edited by StephenG

boop

Edited by Guest

anyways lets not derail the thread talking about skrillorx

This could very well be some kind of guerrilla-style Rephlex crowdfunding project, and if that's the case, that's pretty exciting. Could mean something official Aphexian is in the works. (:

Edited by Lane Visitor

Hang on, gotta change the batteries in my sarcasm detector...

Sorry man, only messing :)

Whilst I'm 'ere: Didn't think it was worth an actual thread so will bung it in here instead. Don't think this has been out on't webs yet but -

Mr. RDJ leaving an answer phone message for one of the Future Sound of London:

http://www.ilovecubus.co.uk/pete/rdj.mp3

Aphexian :)

lol

Why is that funny? =S

I think anyone that peddles really shitty music for lots of money and is still able to sleep at night is a bad guy, that's all. How is that jumping on any bandwagon?

Guy makes terrible music, sells it to people, gets rich. That is someone who is lacking integrity.

so if you could make music that makes millions of people happy and get rich of it you wouldn't do it??

Alright, so, assuming, arguendo,

(a) that Joyrex's proposal gets the Rephlex/RDJ imprimatur (and it probably won't), in writing;

(b) that the original seller isn't just running a scam; and,

(c ) that the item in question is actually in pristine, playable quality,

there remain a few important issues that need to be clarified before I would be willing to plonk down a full $25 on this, to wit:

(1) Who is doing the needle drop?

(2) How will that person be doing the needle drop? I mean, is Joyrex going to toss it on over to Audacity using a $80 crosley turntable with a built in USB pre-amp?

Uh, that's basically it, for me, actually.

I'd spend money on an officially-sanctioned release of this, but $25 for me requires some guarantee of sound quality, because I am a twat, so what, wanna fight about it

oscillik please do the needle drop

Edited by baph

Guest Barung

Hang on, gotta change the batteries in my sarcasm detector...

Sorry man, only messing :)

Whilst I'm 'ere: Didn't think it was worth an actual thread so will bung it in here instead. Don't think this has been out on't webs yet but -

Mr. RDJ leaving an answer phone message for one of the Future Sound of London:

http://www.ilovecubus.co.uk/pete/rdj.mp3

INTERESTING ANGLE

if we promote the shit out of this someone may as well buy it privately from the seller. thing is pretty low key now.

unless he agrees to wait, which kinda seems unlikely.

weed and syzzurpp till i die

money

Darn it to bloody hell ...

Guest Barung

Darn it to bloody hell ...

:^)

/thread

taiwan-parliament-fight.jpg

new afx