IGNORED

The Caustic Window LP (CAT023) Kickstarter FAQ - LIVE NOW!

Joyrex

Incidentally, Kickstarter lets you set different rewards for different levels of pledges, so for instance you could say that the first 600 people to donate at least £10 will get a digital download of the album and the single person (if any) to donate, say, £1000 will get the original record. That way you simplify who gets it and you're more likely to hit that target even if you don't get a whole 600 people contributing. Then again, I somehow doubt you'll have trouble finding 600 hardcore fans...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does the number need to be limited anyway. Selling more should help reduce illegal sharing and mean more $ for everyone involved.

Because they want those 600 to feel exclusive for owning the digital copies.

Makes you feel special as fuck, doesn't it?

ps. may i suggest an arbitrary minimum post count of, oh, say 500 posts, to qualify for one of the downloads?

:emotawesomepm9:

/makes the min post-count needed 600. aww sowwy, you mwiss aowoot. OR better get postin' heheh.

I think that's a rubbish idea lol

Seriously, you'll no doubt end up with a load of new members bumping the shit out of threads just to get their post count up.

ps. may i suggest an arbitrary minimum post count of, oh, say 500 posts, to qualify for one of the downloads?

:emotawesomepm9:

/makes the min post-count needed 600. aww sowwy, you mwiss aowoot. OR better get postin' heheh.

I think that's a rubbish idea lol

Seriously, you'll no doubt end up with a load of new members bumping the shit out of threads just to get their post count up.

I'll write a program to do it if that's the case.

I'll write a program to do it if that's the case.

Last person to do something like that was ivo - it didn't end well

(ps why are you being so darn hostile sir ?)

I suppose one option would be to have Joyrex set up a paypal account in advance where WATMM members can reserve a spot by just paying up front. Once the kickstarter gets going, he could then just subtract the number of folks who have already paid up and merge the lists after the kickstarter is funded.

I think it'd be really cool if we made it impossible for people with under 5000 posts to donate money to this thing. I know it'd take a very long time to reach the goal but I think I'd be worth it. I mean just look at all the new people who've joined here in the last few days, it's disgusting. They ONLY joined so that they could help WATMM reach the money goal and get this unreleased AFX thing, and NOTHING MORE! It makes me sick. MAKES ME SICK!

GET OUT! You're not welcome here! WATMM is a special place for special people, and if you think you can just try and be a part of it by taking part in community stuff like this, well, you can just GEEET OUT!

I suppose one option would be to have Joyrex set up a paypal account in advance where WATMM members can reserve a spot by just paying up front. Once the kickstarter gets going, he could then just subtract the number of folks who have already paid up and merge the lists after the kickstarter is funded.

That's not even a bad idea if that's really that easy... Joyrex?

I think it'd be really cool if we made it impossible for people with under 5000 posts to donate money to this thing. I know it'd take a very long time to reach the goal but I think I'd be worth it. I mean just look at all the new people who've joined here in the last few days, it's disgusting. They ONLY joined so that they could help WATMM reach the money goal and get this unreleased AFX thing, and NOTHING MORE! It makes me sick. MAKES ME SICK!

GET OUT! You're not welcome here! WATMM is a special place for special people, and if you think you can just try and be a part of it by taking part in community stuff like this, well, you can just GEEET OUT!

You don't even want to buy this, it's a vinyl only release innit :emotawesomepm9:

Joyrex, could you maybe e-mail all these websites and tell them to take down their articles on this thing? I don't think it's fair that new people discover this place and take part in things like this. The Pitchfork thing alone means that the goal will be met in no time and I honestly fail to see how that would benefit anyone. Especially not the fans who wants to hear the new music.

Edited by Friendly Foil

Guest nick5745

Take my money already! Will you post in this thread when the kickstarter is up? Is there an ETA?

please don't hate me for being a new member, i've always loved his music and never knew about this site I've been missing out on :x

Edited by nick5745

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

The only part I don't like is the reselling of the vinyl afterwards. I like the idea of watmmkickstartercrew buying it and sharing it amongst themselves (I can't imagien anyone leaking it after paying $15 for it but who knows) and then the vinyl goes into a vault somewhere. But then I guess if someone buys it for $5000 or whatever it goes for on ebay (probably less right? dunno.) they are going to put it in their vault. so no biggy.

In theory could kickstarter people make money on this? if it sells on ebay for over $15000, 1/3 would be 5000 split 500 ways = more than they paid in the first place = PROFITS AND AFXZ

If you aren't tied to kickstarter, I could very quickly (an hour or so if you give me a csv with e-mails) setup a site with a purchasing workflow where the item was available only to authorized users for a time and also limit the inventory.