IGNORED

The Caustic Window LP (CAT023) Kickstarter FAQ - LIVE NOW!

Joyrex

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take my money already! Will you post in this thread when the kickstarter is up? Is there an ETA?

please don't hate me for being a new member, i've always loved his music and never knew about this site I've been missing out on :x

Cause you don't take the time to look around the internet. You just hit the "like" button on the Pitchfork music page and proceed to be spoonfed.

Word! I'm in!

I wouldn't even care if I don't get in early enough to be the 600 to get the album. Fuck this exclusivity nonsense.

If you aren't tied to kickstarter, I could very quickly (an hour or so if you give me a csv with e-mails) setup a site with a purchasing workflow where the item was available only to authorized users for a time and also limit the inventory.

Good to know - i'll keep that in mind!

Why does the number need to be limited anyway. Selling more should help reduce illegal sharing and mean more $ for everyone involved.

Well, the idea is to ensure the Kickstarter reaches the funding goal, hence why it was split like it was. You raise a valid point though.

I suppose one option would be to have Joyrex set up a paypal account in advance where WATMM members can reserve a spot by just paying up front. Once the kickstarter gets going, he could then just subtract the number of folks who have already paid up and merge the lists after the kickstarter is funded.

While that initially sounds good, I think it would be a nightmare for me ensuring that everyone who paid via PayPal would then have a slot in the Kickstarter... my time is limited enough as it is!

q: people who donate $25 or more get the download right (if in first 600)?

No, absolutely not - we are not selling slots to download this. While this will certainly drive more members to WATMM (which is a good thing), we are not going to gouge people.

I suppose one option would be to have Joyrex set up a paypal account in advance where WATMM members can reserve a spot by just paying up front. Once the kickstarter gets going, he could then just subtract the number of folks who have already paid up and merge the lists after the kickstarter is funded.

yeah cant we just paypall the money 2 you joymeng?? I dont have a creditfart

When you finally get the vinyl you should send it to a professional mastering plant like D&M in Berlin or The Exchange, they could probably do a very high quality transfer from vinyl to digital with all the best D/A, maybe do some light mastering on the end result etc.

This is a strange roundabout way to buy a digital version of the album now with Grant and Richard being cool with it AND that they know the seller.

1. The seller sells the 2xLP for whatever amount.
2. Rephlex sells the album digitally through Bleep or Rephlex or whatever.

Seems simple, but anyway...

At the core, I just want to buy and listen to the album in any shape or form.

This is a strange roundabout way to buy a digital version of the album now with Grant and Richard being cool with it AND that they know the seller.

Ah, but that requires effort on their part - this is easier for them, and more fun for us!

Watch the video for Aphex Twin's "Windowlicker":

I lolled

They reference FACT not watmm or xlt as having seen the discogs sale first, and then post something not in the aphex era of the unreleased music. Wow pitchfork, i knew they'd fallen, but surely someone there could have straightened that story up.

Ah, but that requires effort on their part - this is easier for them, and more fun for us!

Ha! Fair enough. Take my money. :)

Good News, Everyone!

Amazon Payments has been verified, and the Kickstarter Project has been submitted for approval - once that's done, we'll be able to announce a date the Kickstarter goes live!

Jimmy McMessageboard, on 10 Apr 2014 - 03:11 AM, said:snapback.png

BaggerMcGuirk, on 10 Apr 2014 - 03:02 AM, said:snapback.png

Watch the video for Aphex Twin's "Windowlicker":

I lolled

They reference FACT not watmm or xlt as having seen the discogs sale first, and then post something not in the aphex era of the unreleased music. Wow pitchfork, i knew they'd fallen, but surely someone there could have straightened that story up.

Guess this is why people (should) come to websites like watmm, you really do get the jump and have stuff properly vetted, with the number of eyes and ears and people with contacts you can't help but, eventually.

Good News, Everyone!

Amazon Payments has been verified, and the Kickstarter Project has been submitted for approval - once that's done, we'll be able to announce a date the Kickstarter goes live!

Good, now if it's amazingly popular, wouldn't it be a good idea for the original seller (and the buyers) to increase the number of applicants whilst holding the price at around the same level or just mildly dropping it. Then again it's rephlex they can't be seen with sales figures over 600, heh. [-;

yeah cant we just paypall the money 2 you joymeng?? I dont have a creditfart

this is a good idea, solves many issues

Guest nick5745

Take my money already! Will you post in this thread when the kickstarter is up? Is there an ETA?

please don't hate me for being a new member, i've always loved his music and never knew about this site I've been missing out on :x

Cause you don't take the time to look around the internet. You just hit the "like" button on the Pitchfork music page and proceed to be spoonfed.

No, I don't even read pitchfork. This just came up in my feed because Aphex was mentioned.

Other than the desire to keep it `exclusive', which seems silly for digital vinyls, why cap it at all? Is that part up for discussion?

Not only is that not very Kickstarter-y (is there even a way to limit the number of backers?) and a huge pain (and also guarantees some significant amount of piracy), but think of the windfall for the charity or whomever if it was just opened up to everyone and sold like, 100k. Especially now that it's getting "press".

??

Edited by Ascdi

The upper limit to backers is the strangest part, it's true. I gather that apparently the Rephlexians would like to keep this somehow `exclusive' but yeah, we should probably consider whether or not that is the best way to go.

Not only it that not very Kickstarter-y (is there even a way to limit the number of backers?) and a huge pain, but think of the windfall for the charity or whomever if it was just opened up to everyone and sold 100k or whatever.

Other than the desire to keep it `exclusive', which seems silly anyway for digital vinyls, why cap it at all?

Yes, you can limit the number of backers on Kickstarter. More on this aspect as things develop.

This is pretty hilarious mate.

fikst ...

Welcome to watmm, read the rules, hi nice to meet yalL etc [-; heh ...

Wish I could give you a hug, man :)

Other than the desire to keep it `exclusive', which seems silly for digital vinyls, why cap it at all? Is that part up for discussion?
Not only is that not very Kickstarter-y (is there even a way to limit the number of backers?) and a huge pain (and also guarantees some significant amount of piracy), but think of the windfall for the charity or whomever if it was just opened up to everyone and sold like, 100k. Especially now that it's getting "press".
??

Yes, you can limit the number of backers on Kickstarter. More on this aspect as things develop.

Cool. Just wondering, not trying to criticize. Btw I edited my post to sound less like a talking side of ham