The Caustic Window LP (CAT023) Kickstarter FAQ - LIVE NOW!

This is pretty hilarious mate.

fikst ...

Welcome to watmm, read the rules, hi nice to meet yalL etc [-; heh ...

Wish I could give you a hug, man :)

:rhubear3::beer::rhubear1: ~ good feelings all round at the afxiesta

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think their concern is genuine... mixed with gobs of jealousy and butthurt

Posted Images

Joyrex,

Since I haven't said it yet, I'll say it now, I really appreciate you sorting this thing out, it's pretty cool to get something this rare (and unheard) digitally in high quality. :music:

Link us to the interview as well, eh? :emotawesomepm9:

I suppose one option would be to have Joyrex set up a paypal account in advance where WATMM members can reserve a spot by just paying up front. Once the kickstarter gets going, he could then just subtract the number of folks who have already paid up and merge the lists after the kickstarter is funded.

yeah cant we just paypall the money 2 you joymeng?? I dont have a creditfart

this is a good idea, solves many issues

Agreed.

So is watmm going to go public now? I would like 25 watmm's please. I need to diversify my portfolio.

Edited by AdieuErsatzEnnui

Hey, Pitchfock.

Drukqs - 5.5

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/225-drukqs/

Maybe they should find their headlines elsewhere.

I listed all of their Aphex Twin reviews once, it was a nice gradual curve from 9s to that 5.5; to play devil's advocate the reception of it was mixed back in 2001.

They gave Analord and Tuss decent reviews, but the site has changed a lot since then.

These digital rips will prevent me from playing Caustic Window at the wrong speed, which i did for longer than I'd like to admit.

Joyrex,

Since I haven't said it yet, I'll say it now, I really appreciate you sorting this thing out, it's pretty cool to get something this rare (and unheard) digitally in high quality. :music:

Link us to the interview as well, eh? :emotawesomepm9:

Nice work JR, all. I can't wait to hear this.

Yeah I am very impressed at all of the work you've put into this. I would never guessed it would of been released (finally), let alone in this manner.

Hey, Pitchfock.

Drukqs - 5.5

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/225-drukqs/

Maybe they should find their headlines elsewhere.

I listed all of their Aphex Twin reviews once, it was a nice gradual curve from 9s to that 5.5; to play devil's advocate the reception of it was mixed back in 2001.

They gave Analord and Tuss decent reviews, but the site has changed a lot since then.

Yeah, I don't know if historical context is a pardon for being utterly wrong about something. I mean. I'd be hard pressed to put a number under 7 or 8 on anything Aphex does, because the quality is always pretty stellar. From a technical standpoint at least. 5.5 means you think it's a piece of garbage. It's really bad.

5.5 is above average.

Average when you are Aphex Twin is fucking shit. But also, .5 above average is pretty shit too. I mean passing a test is usually a 7. So, a 5.5 is a complete failure.

5.5 is above average.

Average when you are Aphex Twin is fucking shit. But also, .5 above average is pretty shit too. I mean passing a test is usually a 7. So, a 5.5 is a complete failure.

How'd you rank Smojphace then?

5.5 is above average.

Let's not talk about Smojphace.

5.5 is above average.

lol

Guest Barung

5.5 is above average.

I actually like that EP

what if it's shit?

That's fucking impossible.

Dunno . The leaked tracks are shit

What's not shit in AFX discography in your ears?

10% are genial, 20% fantastic, 10% more than good, 30% good and the rest are pure shit

1. Who gets the record (the actual record)?

Once the Kickstarter is funded and the seller is paid, Rephlex will ship the record to someone I've chosen to professionally rip the audio from the vinyl, and produce lossless digital audio files. Then the record will be shipped to me for the second phase of this project.

I take it that 'professionally' means the following:

High quality equipment (i.e not half-busted Stanton 500 / Concorde through a Numark mixer into a Dell laptop)

Absolutely no declicking, dehissing, EQing, compressing, remastering or processing of ANY kind

I'm surprised no-one else has chimed in about this.

xy_politics is completely and absolutely right on this. Any rip that's done shouldn't be messed about with at all (not even normalisation).

Just a good, hot signal.

No, but seriously:

Why does such a huge website like Kickstarter, that depends on crowds giving money, doesn't accept PayPal? That is just beyond retarded.

not sure if you've already tried this, but Paypal provides free of charge 'debit cards' directly linked to your paypal account. If you request one now they'll probably have it in your mailbox by Friday

• Who gets the record (the actual record)?

Once the Kickstarter is funded and the seller is paid, Rephlex will ship the record to someone I've chosen to professionally rip the audio from the vinyl, and produce lossless digital audio files. Then the record will be shipped to me for the second phase of this project.

I take it that 'professionally' means the following:

High quality equipment (i.e not half-busted Stanton 500 / Concorde through a Numark mixer into a Dell laptop)

Absolutely no declicking, dehissing, EQing, compressing, remastering or processing of ANY kind

I'm surprised no-one else has chimed in about this.

xy_politics is completely and absolutely right on this. Any rip that's done shouldn't be messed about with at all (not even normalisation).

Just a good, hot signal.

1 million percent agree!!!

People can mess about with it however they wish but the first rip needs to be a raw and pure data transfer.