IGNORED

The Caustic Window LP (CAT023) Kickstarter FAQ - LIVE NOW!

Joyrex

OK lemme get this straight.

First off this isn't gonna be shit is it? Maybe this is just an elaborate way for aphex to release an album....all planned! Nae

Facts.

We all chip in and buy this record.

Joyrex gets it ripped super badass quality, like neckbeard quality. I'm talking 32bit 192khz audiophile boner shit!

We get are digital vinyls and all float to nirvana in in a wash of early 90's techno goodness.

Sell vinyl off split 3 ways, 3rd goes to voted charity?

hell, I'd even chip in more to help Joyrex to buy the record so it goes into WATMM history of hall of fame or whatever.

How about add another tier in Kickstarter to ask people to chip in more to help Joyrex buy the album. If enough, then he buys it. If not, then auction on Ebay.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got a friend with a visa so i'm gonna use his, fuck yeah

just one more question joyrex, have you asked richard if he's gonna release a new album anytime soon?? :w00t:

thanks for doing this dude, it's a lot of work and i hope everything turns out ok! 15$ is a good deal for us fans

WATMM does it again! bring on the spastic widow LP

ok, will this seller let us reveal who they are or will they be forever shrouded in mystery? I think in part if we're all 'going in' so to speak on the purchase, the seller's should not remain anonymous.

Some less than basic sleuthing will reveal his name (and please don't post it here) - I think you're being a bit pendantic over all this - don't spoil the fun!

I didn't realize asking pertinent questions could 'spoil the fun' my bad

Well, let me ask you a pertinent question - does it matter who is selling this? What if it was Richard? Would you, say on principle, NOT buy this if that was the case?

The fact is, it doesn't matter WHO the seller is, or what their relationship to Richard/Rephlex is - bottom line is THEY are selling the record, and otherwise, Rephlex wouldn't bother doing so - I think everyone here is far more interested in hearing the music than playing Sherlock Holmes in getting all the gritty details.

If I have learned anything in running this site for almost 15 years, is sometimes it just doesn't matter - what matters is if you enjoy the music or not.

just one more question joyrex, have you asked richard if he's gonna release a new album anytime soon?? :w00t:

thanks for doing this dude, it's a lot of work and i hope everything turns out ok! 15$ is a good deal for us fans

You know I asked... you can guess what the response was!

Guest Xanthos

First off this isn't gonna be shit is it?

My predictions say that it'll be quite good.

Guest danperry0

first off, my apologies for being one of those jackholes who only just signed up today because i heard about this from "the hype machine", but...

am i the only who completely doesn't understand the need for a small number of people to be allowed to get in on this? what is the point to limiting it to 500 or 600 people if there is payment for this. wouldn't you WANT to share the music? and to increase the amount of money that gets donated to whatever cause?

i'm really not getting the point of that...

Guest paulhunter

first off, my apologies for being one of those jackholes who only just signed up today because i heard about this from "the hype machine", but...

am i the only who completely doesn't understand the need for a small number of people to be allowed to get in on this? what is the point to limiting it to 500 or 600 people if there is payment for this. wouldn't you WANT to share the music? and to increase the amount of money that gets donated to whatever cause?

i'm really not getting the point of that...

This has changed. It's unlimited now, see 1st page.

I think everyone here is far more interested in hearing the music than playing Sherlock Holmes in getting all the gritty details.

maybe the people who were most vocal in the thread, but honestly you've just had your site written about in Spin, Pitchfork and NME. You don't think these details are in an way important to the 'story'? It's kinda ridiculous to suggest i'm playing sherlock holmes and trying to get 'gritty' details for asking 2 extremely basic questions. I'm not trying to spoil anyones fun, i'm just trying to make sense of something that I'm still having trouble making sense of.

Edited by John Ehrlichman

First off this isn't gonna be shit is it?

My predictions say that it'll be quite good.

so quite good they never released it

If the ripper is here in the USA, I'd offer to lend out my MOTU Traveler (v1, so you need Firewire) for the rip. If that helps. It's unfortunately mostly unused at the moment.

Not sure about nowadays, but back in the day the Traveler had slightly nicer converters / analog stage than the more affordable MOTU devices. MK3 may change all that though.

Is chaos fun?

Why do we need all of this to enjoy RDJ's music?

Can get some new new music?

Anyways, excited to hear this but the hype on this is weird.

Is chaos fun?

Why do we need all of this to enjoy RDJ's music?

Can get some new new music?

Anyways, excited to hear this but the hype on this is weird.

ok, will this seller let us reveal who they are or will they be forever shrouded in mystery? I think in part if we're all 'going in' so to speak on the purchase, the seller's should not remain anonymous.

Some less than basic sleuthing will reveal his name (and please don't post it here) - I think you're being a bit pendantic over all this - don't spoil the fun!

I didn't realize asking pertinent questions could 'spoil the fun' my bad

Well, let me ask you a pertinent question - does it matter who is selling this? What if it was Richard? Would you, say on principle, NOT buy this if that was the case?

The fact is, it doesn't matter WHO the seller is, or what their relationship to Richard/Rephlex is - bottom line is THEY are selling the record, and otherwise, Rephlex wouldn't bother doing so - I think everyone here is far more interested in hearing the music than playing Sherlock Holmes in getting all the gritty details.

If I have learned anything in running this site for almost 15 years, is sometimes it just doesn't matter - what matters is if you enjoy the music or not.

Relax Joyrax, it'd just be fun to know who the seller is, wouldn't it?

there is no caustic window lp, youve imagined all this

aphex twin doesn't exist. he is an idm wendigo created from your collective acid flashbacks

you are in a mental institution in baltimore right now, hallucinating up this new record. you are accused of eating a young girl's ear & making the rest of her into fishing lures

You know I asked... you can guess what the response was!

he said: yeah, i'll drop it on recordstore day together with the new die antwoord single but you have to keep it quiet??

Edited by Ivan Ooze

May have already been mentioned, but whoever does the ripping, can you not burn it to a CD with a hand numbered sleeve, thus giving it a bit more exclusivity? Distribute it out to all backers, plus also distribute the digitals? I would pay a few more quid.

Maybe get RDJ to sign them all if thats easier.

Nope, not getting into that game - that's distribution, shipping, etc. - not worth the hassle, IMO. and MegaLOL™ at Richard signing them! I'm sure he'd just love sitting around signing thousands of CDrs...

You can't trademark megalol, i've said it before, and i can bet that kim dotcom would have at some point used it too.

there is no caustic window lp, youve imagined all this

aphex twin doesn't exist. he is an idm wendigo created from your collective acid flashbacks

you are in a mental institution in baltimore right now, hallucinating up this new record. you are accused of eating a young girl's ear & making the rest of her into fishing lures

nothing is real

I have to buy a prepaid Visa card to buy this and to pay for my first month of Obamacare y'all.

Just think everything about this is infinitely contextual to the times in which we live, quite good stuff here.