IGNORED

The Caustic Window LP (CAT023) Kickstarter FAQ - LIVE NOW!

Joyrex

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listening to this with Mike P.'s description - I was so afraid he was right about the crap piano riff in Squidge (he wasn't!). The track is perfect to show what Vibert and Aphex have always been saying about trying to make rave-y tracks but were slightly 'misguided' and sounding quite different in the end.

Im having an issue, ive downloaded them fine but when i navigate to my collection on bandcamp i cannot see the release listed there, how am i meant to get back to my download if i want to re-download them at a later date?

from one of the emails.

Below is your download code and a link to download it - please note that this download link will expire after you use it, and will not work multiple times. If you have trouble downloading, you should be able to attempt to do so several times before the link expires for good.

I think this is something to do with us buying the ability to use bandcamp to provide the release to those that supported the kickstarter, but not actually having the release as an ongoing thing with a page on bandcamp, you dig?

shame we didn't get wav, but whatever.

Just transcode the flac into a wav if you've nowt that plays a flac

Think my favourite of the whole thing is Squidge In The Fridge, though Jazzphase and 101 rainbows is pretty grand too !

Out of curiosity to those listening now, how is the sound/audio quality?

it's a caustic window release, as expected it's not ae level

As good as previous Caustic Window and Polygon Window. It's a quality rip.

revpok is insanely good, my god.

oh yeah, it's a quality rip, but there were comments from some people about DSD quality

fucking come on, it's caustic window... I guess people REALLY wanna hear that crunch

gonna be that guy -- DSD doesn't provide any advantages over PCM. 16-bit 44.1kHz is all we need.

As far as the sound quality (for the transfer itself) goes, A1 (towards the beginning) was the only track in which I could hear any notable surface noise. The rest (that I've heard) sounded almost completely transparent.

oh yeah, it's a quality rip, but there were comments from some people about DSD quality

fucking come on, it's caustic window... I guess people REALLY wanna hear that crunch

gonna be that guy -- DSD doesn't provide any advantages over PCM. 16-bit 44.1kHz is all we need.

As far as the sound quality (for the transfer itself) goes, A1 (towards the beginning) was the only track in which I could hear any notable surface noise. The rest (that I've heard) sounded almost completely transparent.

the whole 16bit 44.1kHz argument isn't really something I wanna get into here, but I'll say this much - for this material, it's more than adequate.

Im having an issue, ive downloaded them fine but when i navigate to my collection on bandcamp i cannot see the release listed there, how am i meant to get back to my download if i want to re-download them at a later date?

No can do - this is a one-time only deal.

Why is it tagged 1996? :trashbear:

Was intended on being released then ;)

Why is it tagged 1996? :trashbear:

Possibly the same reason side D is named as side G :lol:

That's how Richard named the files - it comes from ABB4 being labeled sides "A" and "N", and CAT023 was supposed to be labeled "A-L-O-G", - sort of a series in a way.

joyrex i can provide you with my amazn payment number pls i want to hear this lol

Your email address will suffice - send it to webmaster@watmm.com - I can look it up and see if your payment was registered or not.

Just transcode the flac into a wav if you've nowt that plays a flac

Think my favourite of the whole thing is Squidge In The Fridge, though Jazzphase and 101 rainbows is pretty grand too !

yeah don't worry i understand about flac, just would have leant more gravity to the download if it didn't take under thirty seconds. heh.

Wow. Just checked my e-mails just to find the voucher. to be honest, I didn't expect this today after the waiting on the weekend.

thanks joyboss for making this happen.

will listen to this tomorrow at work, because today I only have access to my shitty notebook-speakers.

:w00t::yeah::aphexsign::music:

A1 (towards the beginning) was the only track in which I could hear any notable surface noise. The rest (that I've heard) sounded almost completely transparent.

I hear surface noise through a lot of the tracks. Not that it matters.